View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #54
Threshold
Legend

Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: In defense of all MUDs. Our genre's noteworthiness is being questioned.

Well, that's the thing. Black Kite and Mendaliv were systematically banning the people working on IMPROVING the entry, and tracking down citations. So by the time they recommended it for deletion, there was nobody left to work on the entry or even oppose the AfD. If we hadn't posted about it here, I'm not sure ANYONE with an opposing viewpoint would ever have had a chance to share their opinion.

Also, during the time when people familiar with Threshold were adding to the entry, they were dealing with having their improvements constantly removed and undone. There were a few times that I worked on it myself, and would track down some improved citations and add them. Then I'd go look for more, come back 30 minutes later, and Mendaliv or Black Kite would have 10+ edits in a row removing every improvement I had just made, removing citations, removing references, etc. for a variety of reasons. They created an environment where it was utterly impossible for a normal person (and by normal I mean someone for whom Wikipedia is not their primary hobby) could not contribute. They were extremely hostile to anyone trying to make the entry BETTER, rather than smaller and less detailed.

If anyone got frustrated and dared to simple go back to an older version that they could actually WORK FROM, they'd get banned.

Once they got most of the contributors banned, and had the article hacked down to a tiny looking stub of barely any information, that is when they moved in with the AfD.

As long as you're here, I'd also like to mention that these charming individuals have also been engaging in "retaliatory editing." Soon after Aardlasher voted KEEP on the Threshold entry, the link to this site (TMS) was removed from the general MUD page by "Themfromspace". It wasn't until the person doing it found out about this thread, and saw that Wikipedia admins were reading it (and thus learning about the retaliatory editing) did the person cut it out and revert the link.
Threshold is offline   Reply With Quote