View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 07:41 AM   #13
Muirdach

Home MUD: Karinth
Muirdach is on a distinguished road
Re: Are there any MUX/MUSH/MUCKs that are active 24/7 and don't have permadeath?

Actually, most people who play MUDs to cyber probably wouldn't care if a 14 year old was watching.

Not going to argue, and I'm not saying that this policy is good, bad or indifferent - simply that it's something to take into account when choosing a MUD, and from my experience within this genre of games, that is often what other MUD admins tell me when we talk about the reasons behind our policies. I'm quite happy to have players of any age, and you're quite right that a 14 year old player can be a great deal more respectful and a better member of the community than a 30 year old who gets drunk and plays for a laugh, or whatever. Just, right or wrong, many MUDs in the category that interests you will have that rule.

Not saying that you should ever break a rule like that, of course (and certainly not Threshold's ), but sometimes we have to be pragmatic about these things. If you find a MUD that interests you but also has that rule, it might be worthwhile e-mailing the game admin and asking why they do that, and if there's any way for it to be waived or something similar.
Muirdach is offline   Reply With Quote