View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 04:40 PM   #51
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Re: Do MUDs need to be "brought into the 21st century"

...if you want the "kids"...

Well it depends on which kids you mean. If you mean "the kids who want to play multi-shooter H&S graphics games," then no, I don't want the kids.

If you mean "the kids who like to read and who might be interested in creating and participating in an interactive storyline," then yeah I want the kids. And kids like that, aren't going to "need" graphics in order to get pulled toward text games.

I want people who want to play text games, to play text games. I want people who want to play graphics, to play graphics. I do not want text games to try and be graphic games. When Gemstone came out with an updated super-graphical front end, that's pretty much when I started weaning myself off of it and wandering back to the less graphical telnet-type clients. I quite GS for a lot of reasons, but that was definitely on the top 10 list. I just could not STAND the graphics, and there was no other way to access the game. If you wanted to play GS, you had to use their Wizard. I'm pretty sure you still can't play GS without downloading and using their Wizard; it isn't accessable via telnet at all.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote