Thread: Building
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2003, 09:03 AM   #3
Zhymm

Zhymm is on a distinguished road
Greetings, Tocamat.

I'm not a builder but I'm familiar with a few MUDs that sport the feature you're asking about. This sounds a bit like the ascii 'tile map' that appears as you move around the terrain. In fact, I like this feature and it's one thing I look for when 'checking out' a MUD for potential play (I guess I'll have to look at Necronium, now <grin>). A couple also have a 'map' command which displays a large overhead view of the area or a portion of the zone where one happens to be.

Act of War ( port 4000 or bb11.betterbox.net port 4000) - sports an 8x8 tile map at left of screen during movement and its map command displays a 22x22 segment. Team pk (if you're into that), otherwise a pretty nasty place playerwise.

All Out War, a near twin of AoW above (aow.gotdns.com port 4000) - sports a 6x6 tile map during movement and a 30x30 map command (really nice map, here ... much 'prettier' than the one shown in the map command on Act of War). Playerbase has dropped to near zero.

Adventures Unlimited has(had?) the ascii tile map feature, though I haven't been there in awhile.

Hope this helps.

Zhymm
Zhymm is offline   Reply With Quote