View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 05:33 AM   #2
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Re: Sort of a LFM thread.

The training system sounds exactly like God Wars, and it also fits your timeframe, although it didn't have dragons - it had vampires, werewolves, mages and demons (and a couple more that weren't finished). The mud shut down in 1996, but the source code was leaked, and it became the basis of quite a few new muds, some of which are still around. If you do a search for "godwars" on here you'll find a few suggestions (and considerably more if you do a search on ).

The original God Wars wasn't a roleplaying mud, but some of the newer ones are. However I should also clarify (in case you read my sig) that God Wars II does not use the same training system (nor is it a roleplaying mud) - you might be better off trying something like , although their playerbase may be too small for your tastes.

I'm afraid I can't really help you with comparisons of Materia Magica and Aardwolf. They both have their roots in Diku/ROM, so there will certainly be similarities in their interfaces (command syntax, etc) when comparing them with LPMuds like BatMud and DartMud. But in terms of specific features, the differences are going to be significant, and you'd really need to ask players of those games for a more detailed answer.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote