View Single Post
Old 11-04-2002, 05:17 PM   #36
Ashon

Ashon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Ashon Send a message via AIM to Ashon Send a message via MSN to Ashon Send a message via Yahoo to Ashon
You're asking for a lot from a community that looks down upon it's own an awful lot.

Administrators look down on players as twinks, cheaters, and headaches. With the of exceptional ones.

Players look at administrators as power freaks, children, and fun stoppers. With the exceptional ones.

In a community that has so much infighting and is disfragmented it becomes difficult to get contributions to the community. It is the exceptional ones that step foward. And there are only a handfull of those. I bet we could make a list that would number a little under 50 of people who are considered, exceptional in our community. And that's in a community of thousands.

What we need are people who try to build a community of exceptionals. There have been tries but no one has been able to do it. I think IR, MCM, TMC, TMS, are all examples of places where these exceptionals come to congregate, and exchange ideas.

Just my thoughts of the matter.
Ashon is offline   Reply With Quote