Thread: Rivers of blood
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2003, 07:17 PM   #3
Kallekins

Kallekins is on a distinguished road
I agree I don't much like the muds where it is considered acceptable to just go around considering every npc and then kill whatever is your level. But many places have animals, or people of other alignments/races/whatever, which you can kill for nice RP reasons.
I wouldn't want to play a non-combat mud. Even when the combat is repetive and boring, it is an integral part of the game.
I (and many others) want to see our characters grow. I like to feel that the work I put into my characters pays off in levels, skill improvement, stat gain, etc. If it is boring and timeconsuming, then that makes the improvement that much more desireable and noteworthy (cognitive dissonance, way more expensive than operant conditioning). Even in RP muds, I get annoyed seeing somebody acting big, if they haven't put the work into it.
In addition, the more different things there are to do on a mud (combat, crafting, socializing, exploring, quests) the better. I like to have different things to do, depending on my character's goals.
If the mud I play took away combat, I would leave. And I'm not even a hack n' slasher.
Ideally, I  like to see a wide selection of general training npcs, plus a scattering of difficult smart mobs, which would require more strategy and thought to kill, for when you want excitement with killing.
Kallekins is offline   Reply With Quote