View Single Post
Old 06-06-2002, 11:16 PM   #6
Pleos

Pleos is on a distinguished road
On the MUD where I'm an Imm, there are various armor sizes from tiny to giant and a few steps in-between.

For the longest time, I think this was somewhat problematic, because most armor was being built for the medium-sized races - namely humans, elves, half-elves and a few others.

Very little equipment was available for the "size extremes" and this made things unbalanced.

These days the builders have added a *ton* of equipment for all the sizes, although more work constantly has to be done in this regard.

There are also spells to change a person's size that helps balance things out.

I think size of armor and weapon can be an interesting element for realism and RP. In a case like this, I think having sizes allows you to create a better mental image - if a giant and elf can wear the same things, it becomes hard to imagine it in your mind, and that degrades the overall image, in my opinion.

I've met quite a few characters that jump right off the screen - their actions, description, personality, RP, etc. puts an image of them in my mind -- something like various sizes in gear helps with this, and I think that helps an RP Mud.

Pleos.
Pleos is offline   Reply With Quote