View Single Post
Old 09-25-2002, 09:53 AM   #18
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Smile

When one person posts about the possibility of change, it doesn't necessarily need to be read as a "demand," I agree. But when multiple people post about it, and begin tossing about specifics (such as how certain MUDs should be labeled and quantified), it absolutely implies that the demand exists for such change.

I repeat my suggestion: Want to stand out above the other MUDs on the list? Advertise. This isn't a new complaint. It comes up at least once every six months or so. I've even been among those who tried to find ideas to "change" Synozeer's TMS project so it might be more beneficial to "the little guys." But, you know what? It's not my listing. It's Synozeer's. I wouldn't want anyone coming to my game and having debates on public boards about how I should run it - how presumptuous is that? He offers us a place to advertise, and people complain when the free advertising becomes so precious.

If you have legitimate concerns and suggestions, rather than posturing in a public debate, why not just e-mail Synozeer? I've always found him to be quite responsive. If he likes ideas, he'll implement them. If he doesn't, he won't. It's that simple. But, were I him, I'd be getting plenty aggravated right now at the gnashing of teeth going on from game operators who are carrying on about the diminished value of their free advertising when they could boost their visibility by purchasing banner ads.
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote