Thread: I NEED a MUD!
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 08:52 AM   #12
Grendal

Grendal is on a distinguished road
For realism I too would like to recommend the Accursed Lands.

Part of what makes our mud more realistic is the time frame in which it takes to accomplish something.

Walking in the city you move from one "room" to another in about 1 second. It's not an instant motion. You are walking, not instantly teleporting.

Jogging through the woods takes longer. Mountain terrain even longer and if you don't know your way around swamps, I wouldn't even venture there.

We have several modes of traveling, Walking, jogging, running, sprinting, sneaking, swimming, underwater movement, (flying is coming soon) and these movements are also modified by your physical position. Are you standing, crawling through the bushes, lying down slowly making a belly crawl through the high grass of the plains. You could be stooping, staggering and maybe a few others I'm unaware of.

The slowest movement I can think of is walking through the swamps. Moving from one area to another can takes several minutes. But if you have a wild boar sprinting at you, ready to ram a tusk through your skull, I would suggest a faster mode of travel. RUN FOR YOUR LIFE !!!!!!!!

This simple aspect of movement really shows how much planning and foethought our creators put into making a realistic environment.

I could go on and on about every aspect of the Accursed Lands, but I won't. Some things should be left for you or others to discover on your own.

Personal discovery is also something that AL prides itself on.
Someone new can enter tha game and make a discovery that no one else has before. The world is so huge and new things are placed in the game all the time. We aren't told when or where new things are added, so that gives everyone an equal chance to discover something completely new out in the world.

I recently discovered how to craft something that I believe no one else has ever crafted before. It was quite a thrill for me to have this knowledge and then in turn be able to be the one others come to in order to learn how to craft it as well.

Oh well, I could ramble on some more, but alas I must go.

Hope you give the Accursed Lands a try

Cya in the game.

Grendal
Grendal is offline   Reply With Quote