View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #6
Hadoryu

Hadoryu is on a distinguished road
Re: What God Wars II doesn't have...

Not incomplete in the sense that it doesn't functionally work.

Rather, it seems like an amazing functionality basis that's just lacking the built-on content. There are no objectives beyond 1v1 PvP, which requires getting to max age to really make the most of. I forget, but I think I managed to get to 320 at most before I found myself completely losing interest in the grind.

There just seems like there could be sooooooo much done with the existing mechanics already. Building castles, safeguarding treasures, raids and defense, group battles (I mean how amazing would class combos be? and area spells that actually hit multiple enemies?) What about taking down bosses in groups or playing with things like artillery, massive-range tactical strikes, spying, terrain destruction/formation and a plethora of amazing things that the mechanics could allow?

The functionality of the MUD is amazing, it's a beauty to behold and it's ridiculously fun to play with, but so far it seems to come down to just killing the same NPCs over and over for me, when it could be the basis for some really mind-blowing and truly unique to MUDs content.
Hadoryu is offline   Reply With Quote