View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
js_wilson

Name: Sean
Home MUD: Aardwolf
js_wilson is on a distinguished road
Introduction

Hello TMS!

My name is J.S. Wilson, and I started playing MUD's in the late 90's after I discovered a couple single player text adventure games called "Adventure" and "Arctic Adventure" on some shareware games CDs my dad had given my sister and I. Shortly after that, we got a dial-up internet connection and a 14.4 modem, slow even for that era, and I found TMC. I saw a banner ad for Avalon that looked pretty cool, and I got hooked instantly.

Since then, I have been playing MUDs on and off, as well as graphical RPGs, particularly Ultima Online and EVE online, the first two Diablo games, the Elder Scrolls series, the Fallout Series, Baldur's Gate and other D&D based games, and Dungeon Siege, and a few of the better Diablo clones. And don't forget Nethack! I am also a huge fan of strategy empire building games like civilization, the total war series, especially the old Rome: Total War, and Crusader Kings 1 and 2, Battle for Wesnoth, linux games like Freeciv and Freecol, as well as city building games like the Simcity series. I also still play spore from time to time. Of all the RPG's I play, I always keep coming back to MUD's. I would love to see if someone has ever made a good text version of the strategy/empire building genre of games that I love as much as my RPGs.

Now I mostly play Aardwolf, and I poke my head in over at Coffeemud and tbaMUD on a semi-regular basis, as I have become interested in building MUDs lately, and have been messing around with those codebases quite a bit. I am Maximus over at tbaMUD, and I have an area on that MUD that I have been procrastinating on for a while now, but I learn a lot just from lurking there.

I have posted a couple times here, and lurked quite a bit, so it is about time I properly introduce myself. I just started a blog about MUDs, swordnpen.wordpress.com, and I would love to be able to do research on these forums for blog posts I am writing, and get input and advice from what has already become my favourite MUD gaming community here at TMS!
js_wilson is offline   Reply With Quote