View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #44
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough
Re: Finding a Place to Call Home: Communities Tolerant & Accepting of Gay Gamers

Butler’s above logs illustrate why this whole thing is just dumb.

So the “big issue” in this first example is that one user, “HeadLess,” who can barely string six words together in a coherent sentence, used the word “gayhats” in reference to people from Hong Kong, which, in addition to being offensive to people from Hong Kong, is also offensive to gay people since gayhats is clearly a term meant as something negative that includes “gay” as the first part, implying that being gay is negative, too.

HeadLess wasn’t harassing gay people or even talking about any gay people, individually or as a group. He just used a term that, I guess, makes the environment less comfortable for homosexuals? Because if this barely literate guy will use the term gayhats in reference to people from Hong Kong, then it can be safely assumed that he’d definitely make fun of you for being gay if he knew. And probably everyone else on the server would join in, too, because any server where a barely literate idiot doesn’t get banned for a single use of the term gayhats in reference to Hong Kong is clearly a very anti-gay environment.

We should apparently all be moved to action knowing that it’s difficult for homosexuals to fit in among barely verbal cretins like HeadLess.

The “big issue” here is that by asking “Darkness4life” a series of personal questions, one of which asked whether Darkness was Jewish, Christianist [sic], or islamist [sic], HeadLess clearly implied that at least one of those answers would be an incorrect, negative answer, responsive to which HeadLess would most likely make fun of poor Darkness4life. And probably everyone else on the server would join in, too, because any server where a barely literate idiot doesn’t get banned for asking personal questions about religion is a free-for-all environment full of bigotry.

HeadLess wasn’t harassing gay or religious people in this instance. He just bothered the hell out of another user with personal questions in a way that, I guess, makes the environment less comfortable for everyone?

We should, again, all be moved to action knowing that it’s difficult for religious individuals to fit in among barely verbal cretins like HeadLess.

The “big issue” here is that one particular user, “oohlala,” used the term “faggots” as a generic insult directed toward everybody logged in, when everyone knows that faggot is primarily a derogatory term used against homosexuals, thereby offending gay people even more than non-gay people to which the insult was directed. Oohlala wasn’t harassing gay people or even talking about any gay people, individually or as a group. He just exhibited behavior common among just about every teenager in America, all across the internet.

But, I guess, this use of the term faggot makes the environment less comfortable for homosexuals? Because if this barely literate guy will use the term faggots as a generic insult, he’d definitely make fun of specific gay people if he knew they were gay. And probably everyone else on the server would join in, too, because any server where a barely literate idiot doesn’t get immediately banned for use of the word faggot is clearly an extremely anti-gay environment.

I’m stupefied that homosexuals want to fit in among barely literate idiots. I’m a smart guy with a lot of degrees, and what I’d like to think is above-average comprehension and use of the English language. I can barely follow those conversations. This is the big issue? That people who can barely connect adjacent words in a manner that communicates a thought use language that indicates they may not approve of homosexuality?

Last edited by SnowTroll : 04-22-2013 at 11:00 AM.
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote