View Single Post
Old 09-21-2002, 10:13 PM   #14
Tavish

Tavish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tavish
I realize the thread has gone off tangent, but the idea that rewarding players for voting is evil has me curious. Haing just read through the terms of service I didnt notice anything about rules to encourage voting.  Running scripts that spam the count is brought up, as it should be, but why does anyone care how i entice people to vote for the my site.  Its seems as though you are complaining about people using a system the way it is setup.

Pretty much everyone with any kind of common sense realizes that the list isnt based on the "best" mud but instead on the most populated.  It seems to reflect that pretty well.  Who cares if they reward exp, titles, or whatever.  If I reward players who frequent XXX sites will everyone get upset because im giving in game rewards for ooc activities?  I run a pay-to-paly game and I offer a free month for referrals is that an unethical way to promote my game?

Provided that the new tops of the list are not encouraging the players to cheat the current system through scripts or whatnot ( or doing it themselves) I don't really see the reason everyone is so upset by it.  We are getting exactly what the system promotes.