View Single Post
Old 03-05-2011, 03:22 AM   #25
creepyguyinblac

creepyguyinblac is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Sneak Peek for "Atonement", a Next Generation RPI

Hey everyone,
I just wanted to post this to help get some interested players come and try Atonement Beta. It's the best RPI that i've played in the past 12 years of MUDding. I've been a veteran of Armageddon, Harshlands, Shadows of Isildur, so anyone familiar with these should be able to pick up Atonement easily, especially HL and SoI because the codebase is pretty similar and derived from the RPI engine, but with plenty of modifications and enhancements.
It is set on the moon in 2525, many years after the Earth has become uninhabitable, and the colonists on the Moon once had a great society known as Utopia, which was felled centuries ago by plagues, leaving pockets of habitability on the moonscape, one of which the game is centered around. A small town surviving in the Moon's wastelands is Grungetown, the current center of play. It is controlled by four main Families, each with their own distinct personality and flavor, that using a new Turf code system, can compete and vie for control of the town's neighborhoods, block by block. There is also an all new gun code, where getting shot is not an insta-kill, but it is very possible to quickly bleed out or pass out from trauma if not treated immediately. Additionally, only the most basic of things are purchasable, with the vast majority of items all being craft-able by players and then sold through pc owned shops, auction houses, or directly.
It's been open for about two months now, and is only getting better. The coding and crafting staff have been very active with frequent updates, both major and minor, including listening to the player base on the forums and fixing perceived problems to make the game better. And not to forget the RP staff, who regularly will intervene to animate mobs and throw interesting echoes and events to groups or solo players. There's too much that's great about this game for me to list them all, and I know I am missing plenty so just come check out the site, make an account and submit a char. You'll be in Grungetown within a day and be part of the excitement.
I highly recommend come checking this MUD out to try your hand at being a post-apocalyptic moon survivor, mutant or cyborg.
Much more information can be found on the website, forums, and in-site chatroom.
creepyguyinblac is offline   Reply With Quote