View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 03:07 PM   #1
Xerihae

Name: Chris
Xerihae will become famous soon enough
Advent of Voice Comms

How has the advent of easy, reliable voice communications over the net affected your game?

This is something I thought about yesterday (don't ask me why) and I decided to ask on here since I have no experience with it. Back when I regularly played MUDs which were mostly RP-enforced we often had problems with OOC groups communicating via things like MSN and AIM. Their typing speed limited the quickness of their reactions to things going on in the game sometimes, but with software and servers like TeamSpeak and Ventrillo floating around these days is this more of a problem?

Perhaps you've found that easy voice communications has actually made your game more interesting because players can get on the voice server and chat about the game itself, rather than the usual medium of IRC?

I was just wondering what you all thought about this and whether it's a good/bad thing from a MUD admins point of view. Obviously a lot of this will depend on what sort of game you run, as games with no RP-enforcement don't tend to worry about OOC knowledge so much.
Xerihae is offline   Reply With Quote