View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 08:49 PM   #9
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
I did some building for this game before Real Life [tm] caused them to take a long break from making it. It doesn't resemble Armageddon at all. The codebase is similar, but then Arm's codebase isn't custom, it's DIKU, just like hundreds of other muds out there. Arm has done tons of work on the base code and theirs is now majorly modified. DarkSun mud is also modified pretty heavily, in its own way. DarkSun also isn't related in any way, shape, or form to Dune, and Armageddon has borrowed liberally from the Dune novels and makes special mention of that in their documentation.

You love Armageddon. That's great. It's an awesome game. But putting someone down for wanting to do a mud with a theme containing similar aspects is no different from someone making a fuss about someone making yet another DIKU, or another newbie zone, or another recall function. Or another Wheel of Time game. Or another game with dark elves. You get the idea.

Personally I hope they do great and Delerak/Xione feel free to PM me. I'd love to do some building for ya again and I'm even wondering if the zone I started on is still there.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote