View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 02:27 AM   #2
lotusofro

lotusofro is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The PG13 Dilemma

Sued? You're kidding right?

You're actually protected. You can't be sued. It would get thrown out of court. The reason is there is a law that states something along the lines of Internet based User Content can't be used against the publisher. Meaning that you can't sue someone who runs a forum if someone on the site said something you didn't agree with. It also means that you can not sue the makers of a MUD when a user does something perverted.

I've run muds including ones that were really popular with tons of people on and while "Mud Sex," did happen between two consenting idiots (they know who they are) I've never once heard of anything perverted with kids involved. I don't think the people out looking for kids to prey on are using MUDs. Why? Because most Mudders are older than your average gamer.

Even back in the 90s when more kids were playing I never witnessed anything you're afraid of.

Also PG-13 is impossible for a MUD unless you code out the cuss words from being said by players or emoted or what not. I mean PG-13 only allows the use of the F-Bomb once in a film and under some pretty strict guidelines. You can say the F-Bomb or F-you but can't call someone a F-er. It's weird (and stupid).

On another note: The types that participate in mud sex generally don't do it in the open for others to witness.

I really think you're way too worried about the subject.
lotusofro is offline   Reply With Quote