View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 02:38 AM   #7
Dionae

Dionae is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dionae
Re: Yet another looking for a mud request

Hm, well, Geas does have guilds. The "occupational" guilds would be the sort that you are describing, as they have their own clear goals and values and ways that a character of that guild should act and things they stand for. But, in almost 3 years of playing, I've yet to join an occupational guild on any of my chars because they simply didn't fit my character. I made one character with the ambition of eventually joining one of the guilds, though I may end up joining a different one that is just coming into being through PC and wizard collaboration. It's true that joining an occupational guild gives you something to strive for, a purpose and goals, allies, as well as a set of skills that are limited to that guild. But I wouldn't say it's necessary to enjoying the game.

There are also crafting guilds, though currently the majority of them are steps in bookbinding. But there's also mining, fishing, gemcutting, and you can craft tents and arrows. Another set of guilds are the layman guilds, which include Alchemists, Scribes, and Skalds. These can each get minor magical benefits from potions, scrolls, and magic songs. While the Skalds are the least developed, the alchemy system involves plenty of opportunity to experiment and research unknown potions, and the Scribes' magic system is currently developing into a separate Mage guild. The layman guilds are looser and easier to join than the occupational guilds, and so they might be something to consider to keep you occupied without drawing you into unwanted conflict or having too many restrictions on your character.

Geas does have a ton of quests, which is something I've enjoyed. Some you can easily solve on your own, and some require assistance as they involve fighting tough monsters. It seemed like everywhere I went I uncovered a new quest, and there are still a number of them I've yet to solve. Usually asking an NPC for "help" will reveal whether there's something for you to do.

Anyway, check us out if you're so inclined.

geas.de port: 3333
Dionae is offline   Reply With Quote