View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 12:16 PM   #109
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: How many muds have permadeath?

I was going to pose this question on the other permadeath thread, but I think it more appropriate here. Since the permadeath arguments have started, I've done a bit of research on the topic in order to insure that the permadeath on NW is what the roleplayers really want.

After talking to some players that have come from AFS's (is that the new term, Arm style muds?) that rarely is a player actually permed if they have had the character for over a year. In other words, if you have a long time character the Admins will give you a "pass" as it were, so you don't have to restart.

I cannot verify or deny this claim as I played less than 6 months and only on two AFS's and my characters died many times and every time. So I ask, what is your experience? Is this true? Do you ever see anyone losing a character to permadeath after playing it for a few years and do you notice the Admins giving the player a "pass" if they are a long time player?

This brings on a follow on question. What is the good of Permadeath if the only people dying are the newbies? On this question I did notice this in my time on AFS's the only ones that did die were new players. I'm sure there may be the case of long time players dying but I would imagine this is a rarity.

Last edited by Newworlds : 04-29-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote