View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 05:45 PM   #100
Zeta Thompson

Home MUD: Valhalla
Zeta Thompson is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Zeta Thompson
Re: Things that make you NOT play a MUD

Other review flags for me:

Only Glowing reviews that sound similar. THis makes me wonder did the Admin write something and offer bonuses or favor for posting a good review? I question the credibility of the MUD if every single review has no bad points mentions and hit the same exact high points.

Admin 'answers' every review that contains a negative comment. For me a review should have pros and cons, although there are a few muds I have been on for which I could find nothing good to say except it is running - most of the time. Yet, time and time again I have seen admins (mainly on TMC) comment on a review in detail even to the point of revealing the reviewer's character names and their transgressions on the MUD. Sorry I just don't think comments like , "I found the roleplay contrived," or "There are too many unfinished areas or commands that do not function" warrant that.

Reviews are all a few days or hours apart. Again that smacks of a reward being offered. Now admittedly we will all as players occasdionally say hey such and such a mud site has nothing on this place in its reviews. But after an initail flurry, others should follow periodically.
Zeta Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote