View Single Post
Old 02-23-2005, 07:34 AM   #4
TheTrollCop

TheTrollCop is on a distinguished road
Aha, now we're getting somewhere. All things considered this sounds like quite the system you've got in mind. I'll admit at first I wasn't aware the problem you were trying to address with this system, which is why I questioned the reasons for implementing it.

I can definately see the capabilities of such a system, as far as player transformations, and even a sort of pseudo-ecosystem. Could make for quite a nice system for roleplay within the MUD, especially if you had warring factions of mobiles. Reminds me of the old Diku days on the chessboard, although that was a pathetic implementation if I do say so myself.

Speaking of implementation, what do you have in mind? Are you going to have "Faction" flags, for specific type of mobiles? Such as UNDEAD, INSECTS, LYCANTHROPE, FACTIONA, FACTIONB, etc? Will you have a mobile affects system which might decide how the mobile is affected by hits, such as "Etheral" or "Swarm"? Or will you be using more complicated procedures for implementation, such as neural nets?

If you ever do get a system like this in place, drop me a line and I'll be sure to pop in and check it out. I'm interested in hearing more about your implementation ideas for the system. Is there going to be room within your system for builders to create their own special reactions for mobiles based upon set flags or variables?
TheTrollCop is offline   Reply With Quote