Thread: Daedal Macabre
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 07:15 PM   #4
Eagleon

Eagleon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Eagleon Send a message via Yahoo to Eagleon
I used to play on DM (hence this abbreviation to me gets me thinking of Daedal M, not DartMud). Now, that was a while ago, so I don't know how things have changed, but it was a decent MUD then. One of the problems it had then was a disinterested owner (Yuki). I'm not sure how that has changed, if he came back and began work on it again, or if someone else took over. If no one major has left since I was there, which I highly doubt since the game was losing it's dedicated players fast, I can also vouch for several of the players. Most of them had a good sense of humor, good ideas, and overall were helpful in making the MUD better. The immortals were also pretty nice, and helped whenever they could. There was _some_ roleplay, but not much. The staff tried it's hardest to encourage it.

Finally, some unique features such as studying to change a spell's damage and name, a beautifully designed Monk class, an original craft system with many, many possible results, and Dragons, which can grow from hatchling to great wyrm with much work by the player (not recommended for novices), all lend themselves to DM's unique feel. This is bolstered by an excellently built and thought out world.

I'd at least recommend trying it out, if you don't mind a game where there isn't much RP. It was a good home for me for a while. I'm probably biased because of this, but oh well.
Eagleon is offline   Reply With Quote