View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 10:23 AM   #207
Kleothera

Kleothera is on a distinguished road
Re: In defense of all MUDs. Our genre's noteworthiness is being questioned.

I resent the unwarranted personal attack inherent in your statement. I think it may be better to listen to the person making a point before going on the offensive.

Now, my point was not about the the willingness of H&S MUDs to be mature (I have absolutely NO idea where the implication that they, and specially ours, arent). Lets go back to what you actually said initially, namely

...to recast the community not only in a more responsible but also a more dignified light (want to run more of them by the RPMUD Operating Committee to determine the degree of assistance we can provide as a group so I can append the degree of involvement that more than just I can contribute to this effort).

Now there is no problem with the mission of making the MUD community dignified. However, you say you want more MUDs to be run by the RPMUD Operating Committee. It appears to be a group of RPI MUDS. According to you need to be a RPI MUD to join. What are the characteristics of such a MUD- they are listed on the same page- and rule out the participation of games that attempt to straddle both RP and normal game mechanics.

My argument was that while its GREAT to make MUDs more serious entities, it doesnt have to be an exercise lead by purely RPI MUDS alone.I was actually replying to Aeran and his comment about how there are other things to MUDs besides RP.

Yes, you may have meant that you want to do your bit with the resources available with you and maybe I didn't make my point clear enough from the start. It can be a badly worded post, without being a post based on not reading things or one written with bad intent. Next time, however, please assume good faith on forum entries as much as the Wikipedia and ASK what I meant instead of launching an attack.

I hope we go back to the original topic- without getting sidetracked into another RPI-RP-non RP MUD discussion. We have had another thread on this already.
Kleothera is offline   Reply With Quote