View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 10:54 PM   #1
Sombalance

Sombalance is on a distinguished road
What do you enjoy about RP?

I thought I would try a different approach to the RP dialog that has been going on lately. We've seemed to be focusing on the negative stuff and what separates us as opposed to looking at the positive side of our hobby.

Many of us our RP oriented. So, why is that? Why is roleplaying important to you?

I like being lost in the character and event. That defines a good RP game for me. Mechanics, rules, system don't really matter if I can get lost in the characters.

I'd rather plot and scheme than actually fight. Roleplaying games normally don't require me to chase experience points. That means I can do more of what I want and spend less time grinding.

I enjoy depth in a game. Detailed histories with on-going long term conflict that dynamically evolves with the players. When it comes to creating my character histories, I prefer to start out small with just a basic outline and fill it in as I become more comfortable with the setting.

I love the surprises that come up. Not knowing how things will turn out in the end. I'm not just solving a quest, I'm trying to work with or against the other players to achieve goals that I couldn't do in a typical non-rp oriented game.
Sombalance is offline   Reply With Quote