Thread: $20 (USD)/Zone
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2003, 09:08 AM   #40
Hephos

Home MUD: www.sharune.com
Hephos is on a distinguished road
Quoting molly
So you disagree there? You seriously think the average muds can get a great coder as easily as a great builder?

Now, this is based on that builders are 10 times easier (grasping a number from thin air) to come by than coders. And this is evidently the case (looking at most muds and how they are coded, and how many posts there are about needing coders).

Lets say a coder was easier to find than a builder. Of course i would personally value the builders work more.

Now, at Sharune, we have plenty of proficient coders, what we need are builders. At the moment, we value builders much more than coders. Thats one reason to why we want to show them that we value their work a lot, and give them both a contract to have credits, and a handful of dollars. If I could I would gladly pay them 200/zone. Perhaps in the future we will be able to do that too...

Our coders sign a contract that gives them nothing, but credits and the pleasure to code and be part of our team.

So I (we) personally don't value coders more than builders, since we have a great deal of coders available.

But speaking generally, of course you have to understand that people value the coders more, since they are much harder to find.

Value is based on demand and availability...

And you disagree with this Molly?
Hephos is offline   Reply With Quote