View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 03:40 PM   #24
Dulan

Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
This is illegal? Syn must have changed the rules a bit ago, and while this was what I typed, this was not what I meant. I believe you knew that, but twisted my words intentionally. What had the forums in an uproar was Achaea's practice of rewarding the -specific- voting players an experience bonus. The reason? Because they voted. I honestly do not believe that anyone had an issue with the reason that you stated. No one that I can recall had a problem with mud-wide bonuses for some vague place on the list. And, after reading over my copies of the old flamewar, no one brought that up.

Are you using a logical fallacy in an attempt to avoid my question, Sarapis? I'm not flaming you here. I'm not attacking you. I'm asking a simple question. I'm -curious-. I want to know what other MUDs were using a method like Achaea's that rewarded a specific player for voting. You implied that was the case, and to the best of my memory (And my copies of the old conversations) this was the only problem that anyone ever had. Specificly rewarding people for their vote.

So, is killing a man with a previously un-thought of method not murder? Or at least manslaughter? This is a logical fallacy again. Just because X is not against the stated laws/rules/etc. does not mean it is not against it. Just as Medievia's actions are not in violation of the wording of the Diku license does not mean their actions are not in violation of the license. Or are you going to seriously try to argue that Vryce is not violating the Diku license?

Furthermore, my attitude is hardly "Content-less" currently. This is yet another logical fallacy, Sarapis. Rather, I challenge you to render it content-less. Prove me wrong. Show the 'many other' MUDs who cheated as Achaea as I stated previously. Please do, in fact. I am more then willing to offer an immediate apology and retraction of my words. However, due to PMs received from people on here, and my archives of prior flame wars about this, it appears that there were not 'many' MUDs. In fact, the only MUD discussed was Achaea.

In fact, Achaea may have used that system for 6 months, but once it came to the forefront on TMS, the problem was quickly resolved. Well, at least for TMS, it was quickly resolved.

Another logical fallacy, Matt. Actually, two in one sentence (Impressive!). While age is traditionally used as a low-blow on many MUD-related forums, I can conclusively prove there is no logical way for me to be a teenager. I've been MUDding for a bit over 13 years now (Started in '91!). If I started at 6, that means I'd be 19. However, the part of the world where I was when I was 6 lacked any sort of internet access. Using further logic, it is highly doubtful that any 6 year old would MUD - while possible, it is highly unlikely.

Furthermore, I find it interesting that you throw around that insult. Commonly, people throw around insults that they themselves find insulting - after all, why tell an Englishmen that he's a burke? Doesn't make sense to an Merkin now, does it? So, tell me, Sarapis. Why do you find the phrase 'angry teenager' insulting?

Really. I'm very interested to know that.