Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 08-08-2004, 06:52 PM   #1
Enola_Phoenix

Enola_Phoenix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Enola_Phoenix Send a message via MSN to Enola_Phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to Enola_Phoenix
This is to end a flame war or to begin one. Recently it was posted that I (Phoenix) was a source of negative reviews for a mud (Wizard's Realm)and was the source of all these negative reviews because I was a disgruntled ex-player/immortal. True I'm an explayer and immortal, I was vaped and banned, for building an item that was illegal, an item approved by the fill-in head builder (who helpd me build it)and the Implementor who was walked through the area and give a list of all object vnums, this all powerful weapon, was level 50 average 40 dam, no special flags, no enhancments, it did have an object program to have a 20% chance of hitting an dealing an extra 50-200 damage. Yes so powerful *ooooh* well I'm tired ofbeing singled out as all of their bad joo joo, I personally had my negative reviews, and all those written from my home network (considering my room mate, ex, and best friend all played from here and washed my hands of all the wr play issues and legal issues associated with the game. I would like my chance to just state, STOP!!!!!! I work 40 hours a week, go to school full time, and spend my weekends 3 hours from home for work, and run my own mud, I don't have time to deal with your petty mud, it doesn't affect me or interest me. I wish nothing but the best for the mud considering still some friends play there, lead the clan I started, and considering I did build there, my work is there. I'm not disgruntled and could really care less about your negative reviews, so stop putting my name and my staffs name on your problems. Thank you

Sincerely,
Phoenix
Enola
Enola_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:25 AM   #2
Milar

Milar is on a distinguished road
That's funny we get connections weekly from your banned IP addresses. You noticed that we responded to "your" post. You obviously still have some interest in it. If what you say is true, then I look forward to not seeing any connection attempts from your banned IP addresses. We're not stupid we know you have an account with mudmagic.com, and we know that syrex.co.za is a java telnet client that you used. We have discontinued player reviews, so that we don't need to put up with your, or your friends' antics. All other emails from you will be deleted at the server, I don't care to talk to you in any form.

This was posted to your email since you obviously could not keep the discussion private, I have included WRs side. Im sure you had to make sure the whole mud community saw your story, for someone who has " washed my hands of the Wizards Realm game" it looks incredibly like you have not, and do not intend to quit pestering us or trying to make us look bad. In response to your
"I would like my chance to just state, STOP!!!!!!"
yes, I agree please do Stop, we would like nothing better.

WR Admin
Milar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 08:18 AM   #3
Enola_Phoenix

Send a message via AIM to Enola_Phoenix Send a message via MSN to Enola_Phoenix Send a message via Yahoo to Enola_Phoenix
Well considering I was "attacked" and then it was stated that my email's would be deleted at the server, I do want this to stop, but I will not sit aside while WR continues to blame all of their misfortune on me, giving me a bad reputation as a builder/player. Public, yes, I feel as though this is a huge problem considering it doesn't concern just me any longer, for you "Wr Admin" are including the names of some of my staff that have never even posted a review on you. as far as my interest, I was told that I was included in that post, I don't go looking at every post, and I was shocked (wait no I wasn't)that it would be blamed on me. As far as my banned IP address, well I go to a major university witha large student base, sorry if some of them try to connect considering we do share a very large connection in my building and school all together, and the connection from Syrex.co.za, well as far as I know syrex is an internet security company some host use to ensure quality and safety with its customers. And since a bad review you stopped allowing others to post theirs? Interesting, because of my and my friends, antics? I can guarantee anyone who used to play on WR brought there by me never logs in or ever will, and could not care less. The only reason I'm even thinking of WR is I'm tired of the continued "It's Phoenix, It's Phoenix, OMG hes out to get us" I don't have to be, seems you all make enough enemies without needing me to step in and help them.
Old 08-09-2004, 09:00 AM   #4
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
After reading the thread here, and looking at a couple of the "reviews" accredited to Phoenix, I have come to the following conclusion:

Mud owners don't need to judge Phoenix by one game owner's "trashing" his/her reputation. All they need is to look at the complete and utter lack of quality of writing from this person, to know that he/she is incapable of being a quality builder.

Phoenix, you built, jumped into, and nailed your own coffin. You can't write a review to save your life, and your ignorance of sentence structure and grammar is what killed your chances of being hired by any quality mud.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 09:56 AM   #5
Enola_Phoenix

Exactly, the ones that are accredited to me, well aren't mine, and I'm not talking about my reputation as a builder as I already have been and could be a head builder on many quality muds and am not in the process of looking to be a builder on any for I already have a full load.  As far as my quality of writing, any mud owner could just look at my sample areas upon request to know that my "sentence structure" and grammar are just fine. Those points were not the topic of this discussion, the points were that my along with others who work for and with me are being included in something that concerns none of us, and I feel that it is just a vindictive assault because they can't handle getting a bad review and want to justify any bad reviews they receive on me, when as stated I retracted my bad review because originally (6 months ago) it was a reivew written with nothing but utter discontent for the mud and its owner. This was not posted with any malcontent in mind, it was posted to allow the other people who were named to voice their opinion as well, whether they do or not is their choice. I just don't think its right, for a mud to be able to stop reviews when they recieve a bad one and try and blame it on a "disgruntled" ex-player who has had nothing to do with them in over 6 months, and would have continued on my own way until my name was once again brought up. Just live with the fact you recieved a bad review, as Jazeula said it wasn't an informative or intelligent review and the points that were made are easily dismissed just by logging on and typing a few commands to see the work that has been put into the mud itself.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:22 AM   #6
sosaria

sosaria is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to sosaria Send a message via MSN to sosaria
I like reading flame wars.
sosaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 11:24 AM   #7
Enola_Phoenix

Well Sos, this was actually and honestly intended to end one not re-fuel an ongoing one, and I still hope this ends one.
Old 08-11-2004, 12:37 AM   #8
Dalvardar

Dalvardar is on a distinguished road
Alright... Let's cut to the chase, shall we?

Trying to stop a flame war is good and all, but your intentions obviously differ. If you were trying to, you would have stopped long before. If you wanted to, you would have sent a private email to WR admin, explaining it. Instead, you decided to make it known, bring it out to the open. In my eyes... Posting a negative review that you know will be taken down, waiting till WR admin respond, then making them out to be the one's at fault, doesn't make you look good. If your intentions were not to simply ruin WR, then I'll quote a few lines from your first post in this thread:

True I'm an explayer and immortal, I was vaped and banned, for building an item that was illegal, an item approved by the fill-in head builder (who helpd me build it)and the Implementor who was walked through the area and give a list of all object vnums, this all powerful weapon, was level 50 average 40 dam, no special flags, no enhancments, it did have an object program to have a 20% chance of hitting an dealing an extra 50-200 damage. Yes so powerful *ooooh*

I don't have time to deal with your petty mud, it doesn't affect me or interest me.

The second post...

for you "Wr Admin" are including the names of some of my staff that have never even posted a review on you. as far as my interest, I was told that I was included in that post (Can actually vouch for the names being in reviews. Read them himself... )

because of my and my friends, antics?

I can guarantee anyone who used to play on WR brought there by me never logs in or ever will

So... In my view... As long as people aren't blind, they can see what your intentions are, Phoenix. From your writing style (It is all the same, from the good review, to the one's that went negative ever since you were vaped/banned), to your actions here now, that you have no intent on stopping a flame war... Instead, you are trying to bring as much negative viewpoints on WR as possible.

~Dalvardar
Dalvardar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:01 AM   #9
Enola_Phoenix

Well Dalvardar I did send a private email to resolve things, but I was told any future emails would be deleted at the server. I tried to politely get thing settled so that my name wasn't in this dispute, between wr and whoever. As far as you're being able to vouch for post, find one by Naeriea, she never posted a negative review and you can't compare my writing to any negative reviews on the post, considering the negative review I did have posted, was taken down per my request, and the ones posted as of late are not mine, I'm not trying to make WR look bad, I just don't think its fair that theycan claim I wrote all their bad reviews, and then stop allowing reviews, so that they don't get bad publicity, whether its true or not, I didn't write the reviews, and I think its childish on WR's part for playing a game of blame and then disallowing post. If you have a good mud your members will post and outway the few negative post everyone is going to get from time to time.

And you seem to have a cheery side to being vaped and banned on WR. Considering you were as well right? Because you thought the Immortals were going to cheat for "Rp" purposes you deleted, came back on spammed the world, got vaped and banned, you were allowed back, well because you were personal friends of the immortals, thats fine. That juts proved my special treatment rant, from long ago, see theres lots I haven't said, because I just wont a resolve met, so there isn't an on going dispute for years to come.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:46 AM   #10
Alastair

Alastair is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alastair
Could anyone give me a clue about why this crap gets posted to the storytelling board, of all places?
Alastair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:59 AM   #11
Enola_Phoenix

"This is a story, of a man named Brady who had.." oh wait wrong story, good question Alastair, hrmm I wasn't to interested who saw this, or read this, it was more for my appeasement that I got to voice my say in the matter than if anyone actually cared to read it. As far the board "Shrugs" there was not a flamers board.

Announcement (Flame War) Tired - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Announcement: A new beginning! Vladaar Advertising for Staff 0 09-18-2006 07:30 AM
RP Exp Announcement Moves Fern MUD Coding 5 03-23-2006 10:57 PM
Please don't flame Aeran Tavern of the Blue Hand 20 05-12-2005 08:15 PM
Web-design announcement thing Jenred MUD Announcements 2 03-28-2004 07:02 PM
Praise be to the Legion of the White Flame! Pleos Advertising for Players 0 10-29-2003 09:35 AM