Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 11-05-2005, 05:25 AM   #1
aql

aql is on a distinguished road
I have played several MUDs over the years, and Redemption is my game of choice. It offers so much and, after playing for more than two years, I am still exploring its subtleties. There are many facets of Redemption that make it unique and addictive

First: The amazing variety of races and classes. There are 10 races and 12 classes, with each race and class having two remorts/reclasses with distinctly different playstyles. Although some combinations may be slightly more powerful than others in certain circumstances, they all have their place in Redemption.

Second: Playerkilling. If there is something Redemption does best, it is playerkilling. While nonclanners are an important part of the playerbase, the MUD is driven by the clan wars that sweep the land. With immortals and player representatives constantly monitoring balances, the pkilling environment is open to every player, of whatever race or class. Playerkilling is unrestricted among clanners, meaning that you need to earn the respect of your compatriots to succeed.

Third: The clans. The clan system is vibrant and dynamic, with alliances and rivalries that stretch into the past. Redemption's vivid history gives real meaning to the battles that rage across the twin continents.

Fourth: The constant coding innovations by our dedicated immortal staff. Redemption boasts unique crafted items, intelligent weapons, unique wandering mobs with rare equipment, item seals to protect equipment from looters, archery, unique races and classes, a detailed deity/worship system, two continents, imm sponsored tournaments for all levels and trivia contests, capture the flag arenas, personal homes, siegable clan halls, weddings and festivals, personalized items, a newbie helper channel and clan, a unique patron and vassal system, and too much more to mention.

Fifth: The people. The players of Redemption are, on the whole, compassionate and honorable players who will treat you with respect. However, as in every game, there are a few people who will tease newbies/get them killed or lost. However, most of these players have been punished with IP bans or sitebans. The game is becoming more friendly by the day.

Finally: We are under new management. Daisy and Delstar have passed on the torch to the great heroes Starcrossed and Cauthon, who head the talented immortal staff as they take Redemption into the future. There have been more code changes/features added in the last two weeks since the changeover than in the preceding year.

Exciting things are happening at Redemption as it undergoes a renaissance. This is the time to join and make your mark on the continents of Terra and Dominia.

visit us at www.redemptionmud.com or connect at shell.reach.net 4000. My name is Aql and I am always open to help you get started.

For those who have sinned, there lies...Redemption

By the way, if you decide to join, post your character name here so I know who to help out :-D
aql is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 03:48 PM   #2
Teldin

Teldin is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Redemption rocks. It's a very old MUD (branched off from the old Moosehead base) and has a lot of die-hard, dedicated players. However, due to general attrition we've lost people (thanks mainly to games like World of Warcraft or Everquest) and thus more players would make the game much more fun to play.

We still have a solid playerbase (30 or so online at peak hours) but more is always better.

If anyone needs help, look me up: I play Crigos, Khell, and Sieben as well as a couple of other smaller alts.
Teldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:57 PM   #3
xar

xar is on a distinguished road
Bumpity bump bump
xar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 01:35 AM   #4
aql

aql is on a distinguished road
A new announcement: we've just entered the holiday season at Redemption, and our capital city has been festooned with decorations to celebrate the season. Events and treasure hunts and tournaments are daily occurrences, and the holiday spirit really stirs the fighting spirit

Come one come all, the time has never been better to enter the magical world of Redemption...
aql is offline   Reply With Quote