Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 10-07-2002, 09:28 PM   #1
CSmith_Fan

CSmith_Fan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CSmith_Fan
Unhappy

Well, figured I'll jump on the "I'm looking for a new MU*" bandwagon..and like others..I'm picky..
First off the reason why..my current MU*, though interesting, is as boring as "Corky Romano" was dumb. I need a bit more excitement and more of a challange than the highest mortal level (though that is a requirement)
Ok..here's what I'm looking for :
-RP? Ok, but not enforced (no bios or backgrounds. If I want to write something that long, I'll go get a short stoy published and get $$ for my time)
- PK? Restricted (and I dont mean that after a specific level you become a PK target..I'm looking for either you are or are not)
- Ok sized player base : 1- 10? no...more than 10 but less than 100? Sure.
- Nice sized world that is 85%-100% orginal with good room/item/mob descriptions
- Good chat choices - from class to race to starting weapons. If the Warrior starts out with only the choice of a sword..forget it (personally..I prefere axes..must be the Scot heritage) Also extended races would be nice, but not required.
- FREE - nuff said about that
- Theme - pref fantasy, but might go modern (if done right..not orcs running around in 1980 Chicago). MU*s like Aadrwolf need not even be mentioned to thought of being Also..no Wheel of Time MU*s..never read the book series, dont want to and dont want to have to read the series just to understand what is going on. In fact..any MU* based on any book, movie, or (gawd forbid) song..dont suggest the name.
- Clients - NO "specialized" clients that I have to DL because I have MUSHClient and I like it.
- Quests NOT mandatory - Personally..if I want to quest, i will but I loathe when they are forced on you like you HAVE to get 1000 quest points just to go past a specific level.
- Also..pretty much every MU* listed here (as of the time of writing this post) dont mention. I've looked in them, checked them out and didnt find one that perked my attention for more than 30 seconds. Basically..something new..something differ, etc..something that is going to make me want to keep comming ent..something interesting enough to make me want to keep comming back not some blasie hack and slash fest with people that think to RP evil you have to kill puppies and bunniesback everytime I log online.
I hope someone out there has something to point me towards. Thanks.
CSmith_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 10:50 PM   #2
rockcrusher_sargon

Exclamation

Untamed land fills many of the things you are looking for and so also will probably come in soon sense we are fairly new. If you want we would love for you to spot by and take a peek, or you can just look through the webpages done on it. I personally think that Untamed lands is and will be one of the greatest mu* ever P2P or free ! Enough side I think other then the general info for you to check it out : )

The two webpages that are good reading about the game are:
http://untamedlands.betterbox.net/
And a player made one at:
http://www.geocities.com/braelynne/untamedlands.html
To connect with Telnet you can use:
telnet://bb11.betterbox.net:4321/
Or use the IP and port of:
untamedlands.betterbox.net : 4321

Hope to see you there and fill free to bug sargon all you like if you see him on line : )
Sargon
Old 10-08-2002, 12:59 PM   #3
AquariaJade

AquariaJade is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to AquariaJade Send a message via Yahoo to AquariaJade
Mr. Rockcrusher:

PLEASE read the posts before happily writing a response that does not meet almost ANY requirements. I have been turned off from trying Untamed Lands because of the chance of meeting such an annoyance as yourself.

PLEASE read the request before offering up your MUD.

Thanks.
AquariaJade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 04:20 AM   #4
Nerore

Nerore is on a distinguished road
Untamed lands is a very fun mud, and fits all the requirments listed except for the one about channels. So, you should check out the mud! =)
Nerore is offline   Reply With Quote