Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2004, 07:30 PM   #1
WarHound
Member
 
WarHound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Locked in a place where no one goes...
Home MUD: Armageddon.org
Posts: 218
WarHound is on a distinguished road
I'm talking to all of you Accursed Lands' players. Where did AL go? I've been trying to connect all day, but no luck. Down?

So as to give this thread a bit more use, I'll also as those hardcore AL'ers to offer praise and tell us about your mud. I played a week ago for about ten minutes, and liked what I saw, but I didn't see enough to to it justice, so I'll ask you all to do it here.
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:19 PM   #2
Alice
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 11
Alice is on a distinguished road
Istop (AL's host) is having major router problems, so the game won't be back up until that can be resolved (doubt it'll be more than a day or too).

Use http://www.filterpost.com/Navigate.asp?BID=1092 (our alternative board) until the game and site is back up.
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:57 PM   #3
The Vorpal Tribble
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 203
The Vorpal Tribble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Vorpal Tribble
Here are some examples of RP I or others have logged over the years, enjoy until its down and can experience for your own.

Blizzard of of 284
**************

(Notes: These two players are mysrrae. For those who have never played AL, mysrrae are a human/mountain felinoid genetic combining via magic. Usually hunters, roamers, or holy warriors)

The Baying Bracal Tavern

Obvious exits: south and west
It is well lit here.
------------------------------------------------------------------
You've entered a large tent that appears to be a tavern of sorts. Animal furs
have been strewn across the floor, providing a place to stretch out and
recline. A few low wooden tables stand among the furs, and several large casks
have been stacked along the north edge of the tent. A large firepit has been
dug in the center of the tent, filling the area with a dull, warm glow.
This area is slightly large with a fairly high ceiling.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Two low wooden tables are close by to the northeast.
A parchment menu is tacked to one of the casks of ale.
A firepit has been dug in the center of the room.
================================================== ================
Cantro jogs in from the south.
You pulled in a fresh skinned wolf corpse.

You lie down by a bear fur.

You stop dragging a fresh skinned wolf corpse.

You draw a curved knife from your crude rawhide leg sheath.

You start to butcher a fresh skinned wolf corpse.
> You continue butchering a fresh skinned wolf corpse.

Cantro finds a nice fluffy skin to rest on.
Cantro lies down.

You toss a bit of gristle into the fire, causing a small spark.

> Cantro examines a parchment menu.

Cantro examines a leather moneybag.

You finish butchering a fresh skinned wolf corpse.
You managed to get a very very large pile of fresh wolf meat off of the corpse.

You spear a thick chunk of thigh meat on your knife and hold it over the fire
for a few minutes.

> Cantro throws his hands behind his head and stares at the ceiling dreamily.


You wave it over the coals.

> date
8/9/84
Halanda, the 9th of Endres, in the late winter of 284YT.

You sniff.

You say "A cold night... smells of snow."

> One of the guards here stands up and exits the tavern.

You notice one side of your meat is starting to blacken and quickly turns it
over.

> Cantro says "Aye."

You pull your steaming meat from the fire and blow on it a few times.

You start to take a bite of wolf meat.
You take a bite of wolf meat.
You take a bite of wolf meat.
Cantro sniffs very very large pile of fresh wolf meat.
Cantro says "Ah...just th' way a like'em."
Cantro starts to take a bite of wolf meat.

You take a bite of wolf meat.
You take a bite of wolf meat.
You are stuffed.
You take a bite of wolf meat.
You take a bite of wolf meat.
You take a bite of wolf meat.
You stop eating because you are full.

You lick your knife clean and huff it dry.

You retire your curved knife to your crude rawhide leg sheath.

You open a leather wineskin.
You take a drink from the leather wineskin.


You say "Packing it in tonight..."
> Cantro finishes eating.

You chuckle quietly.

> Cantro wipes his mouth with the back of his hand.
> Cantro says "Hadn't had flesh like that in awhile."

The walls of the tavern shake slightly as a strong gust of wind blows through.

You say "Listen to it coming in..."

You lift your head and take a deep sniff.

You say "Perhaps th' wolf was not hungry but looking for warmth."

You say "Either way, it has no need to fear that."

Your lips part in the semblance of a grin.

> A guard's hoarse shout punctuates the night air, followed by running footsteps.

Cantro looks over at you and mutters, "Cursed beasts."

You say "Aye, Ah think another was just chased out of town."

You just sighs and laze by the heat.

> The walls of the tavern shake slightly as a strong gust of wind blows through.

Cantro says "Quite a storm out there."

You say "Aye..."

You try to assume the best posture you can manage.
You stand up straight.

You jog to the south.
Cantro wiggles to the south.
> You have approached the south and stop before leaving sight of the area.

You glance outside.

You say "Those are some mean looking clouds."

You ask "Think we should bring in some provisions for th' town?"

> Cantro says "Th' gates are locked ah believe."
The sounds of a caravan passing echo in the tavern.

You say "Aye, but we can leave it with th' tavern lord here. He'll take it in
for us."
> Cantro stands up straight.
Cantro stretches his muscles.
Cantro says "Good thinkin'."

You bask over the pit a few more minutes.

You brace yourself and pull a cloak from your sack.

You reach to a plain leather rucksack.
You take a brown leather cloak.

You drape it around himself.

You jog to the south, holding a brown leather cloak.
Cantro jogs to the south.


<Sniffing and searching the forests for a time>

You glance northeast.


Heavily wooded forest (nothing)
It is dark over there.
------------------------------------------------------------------
A very young male fox with dark brown fur is standing very far to the
northeast.
A very young male fox with reddish fur is standing very far to the northeast.
================================================== ================

You say "Well, little is better than none Ah suppose."

You begin to jog off to the northeast, holding a brown leather cloak.
Cantro begins to jog off to the northeast.

> Cantro tightens the clasp on his cloak as the wind blows against it.

You say "Can at least give th' skins to be used."
> Cantro nods.

<fighting and skinning>

You ask "Could yew keep these?"

| > Cantro shields his eyes from the wind and glances around.

Cantro says "Perhaps th' grass lands would be more suitable."
Cantro takes a fresh fox corpse.
You give a fresh fox corpse to Cantro.

You nod in agreement.

<Heading for the grass>

Your mane blows backwards, your braids beating the back of your neck.

You say "Can see jussst barely."

Cantro stares up at the cloudy night sky.

<More fox>

Cantro says "Ack."
You continue butchering a fresh skinned fox corpse.

You are interrupted.
You perk up your ears.
You can hear the sound of the wind blowing through the grass.


You ask "Whut is it?"
> Cantro says "Ah just remembered ah told Kulgis ah'd help with guard duty."

You wince.

> Cantro stands up straight.

You say "He'll have yer tail."
> Cantro says "Ah betta get goin' brutha."

You nod.
> Cantro chuckles.
Cantro waves goodbye.
Cantro jogs to the north.
Cantro goes out of sight to the north.
The Vorpal Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 12:08 AM   #4
The Vorpal Tribble
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 203
The Vorpal Tribble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Vorpal Tribble
Just act venerable...it always works,

A Conning
*********

[I have just dropped off some of my stuff in an out of the way place for a few moments and the fun begins]

You run to the north.

A large library

Obvious exits: south
This place is well lit and warm.
------------------------------------------------------------------
This large, open room has several massive oak bookshelves lining its walls.
Each shelf stretches from floor to the high ceiling and boasts many volumes of
books on diverse subjects. Large windows on two sides allow outdoor light to
enter. The furnishings are of good quality and appear to be well-maintained.
This area is very large with a very high ceiling.
------------------------------------------------------------------
A woman with sparkly blue eyes is sitting down close by to the northeast.
A man with braided black hair is sitting down on a rich leather couch nearby to
the northeast studying.
Cireb is standing nearby to the northwest.
A male mysrra with blue eyes is lying down nearby to the northwest studying.
An old man with dim amber eyes is sitting down on a large leather chair nearby
to the northwest meditating.
A library table is nearby to the northeast.
================================================== ================
> A woman with sparkly blue eyes looks at you.
A woman with sparkly blue eyes makes a thoughtful noise.
Cireb smiles at you.
A man with braided black hair is interrupted.
A man with braided black hair says in ***, "Well, beelewi seems to aghomfi
coming ogpr.bok.."
You run in breathing hard.
> An old man with dim amber eyes is interrupted.
An old man with dim amber eyes ceases his meditation.
An old man with dim amber eyes looks at you.
A man with braided black hair looks at you.
A man with braided black hair asks in ***, "Something wrong?"
Cireb examines a brown satchel.
You say "Man... tried... to kill me..."
> A woman with sparkly blue eyes asks in ***, "Running for exercise?"
A man with braided black hair says in ***, "Speak ***."
A woman with sparkly blue eyes asks in ***, "A man tried to kill you?"
A woman with sparkly blue eyes frowns.
You'll now speak in ***, a language you have begun to master.
> Cireb asks "A man tried to icooneinwi you?"
A woman with sparkly blue eyes asks "What kind of man?"
A woman with sparkly blue eyes stands up straight.
Cireb blinks.
A man with braided black hair blinks.
An old man with dim amber eyes reaches to a blood red burlap sack.
An old man with dim amber eyes takes a gleaming draite battleaxe.
An old man with dim amber eyes reaches to a blood red burlap sack.
An old man with dim amber eyes takes an etched double bladed War-axe.
An old man with dim amber eyes asks "Is he still here?"
You say "He cut me zo badly in the stomach zat i swooned... ent he took my
moneybag..."
> Cireb blinks rapidly at an old man with dim amber eyes.
A woman with sparkly blue eyes frowns.
A male mysrra with blue eyes is interrupted.
A male mysrra with blue eyes sits up.
A woman with sparkly blue eyes asks "What did he look like?"
A man with braided black hair blinks.
A male mysrra with blue eyes looks at an old man with dim amber eyes.
You say "I do not know.. he had darkly tanned skin."
>
You fall to the ground.
> A woman with sparkly blue eyes makes a thoughtful noise.
An old man with dim amber eyes asks "What was he wearing?"
A woman with sparkly blue eyes slowly walks to you.
A man with braided black hair gets off a rich leather couch.
A woman with sparkly blue eyes comforts you.
A man with braided black hair slowly walks to you.
You lean against the couch.
> Cireb looks at you.
A man with braided black hair kneels down.
A man with braided black hair asks "Art thou okay?"

You are slightly hungry.
A man with braided black hair stoops over.
Cireb examines a brown satchel.
A male mysrra with blue eyes stands up straight.
A man with braided black hair stands up straight.
A man with braided black hair opens a slightly small wicker backpack.
A man with braided black hair examines a slightly small wicker backpack.
A man with braided black hair makes a thoughtful noise.
A woman with sparkly blue eyes sits down.
A man with braided black hair closes a slightly small wicker backpack.
A woman with sparkly blue eyes looks at you.
An old man with dim amber eyes looks at you.
[chat] Xyrec: i don't think so, because they're no longer relevant, and the
creators allow logs of old events.

You say "Dark-black ledder."
>

A large library

Obvious exits: south
This place is well lit and warm.
------------------------------------------------------------------
This large, open room has several massive oak bookshelves lining its walls.
Each shelf stretches from floor to the high ceiling and boasts many volumes of
books on diverse subjects. Large windows on two sides allow outdoor light to
enter. The furnishings are of good quality and appear to be well-maintained.
This area is very large with a very high ceiling.
------------------------------------------------------------------
A woman with sparkly blue eyes is sitting down right next to you.
A man with braided black hair is standing right next to you.
Cireb is standing nearby to the northwest.
A male mysrra with blue eyes is standing nearby to the northwest.
An old man with dim amber eyes is sitting down on a large leather chair nearby
to the northwest.
A library table is nearby to the northeast.
A rich leather couch is nearby to the northeast.
================================================== ================
>
[chat] Xyrec: just don't reveal any game secrets while doing so.

(OOC) You are lagging.
> A male mysrra with blue eyes looks at a woman with sparkly blue eyes.
An old man with dim amber eyes growls.
A woman with sparkly blue eyes looks at a male mysrra with blue eyes.

An old man with dim amber eyes stands up straight on a large leather chair.
A man with braided black hair removes a leather canteen.
An old man with dim amber eyes gets off a large leather chair.
A woman with sparkly blue eyes asks "You know this scoundrel?"
A man with braided black hair gives a leather canteen to you.
A man with braided black hair says "Drink some of that."
[chat] Stolichnaya: well then, who has memories of chars past that they
enjoyed?

You weep silently beneath your broad grass hat.
> A woman with sparkly blue eyes looks at you.
A male mysrra with blue eyes looks at an old man with dim amber eyes.


You look up and smile a bit.
>
You open a leather canteen.
>
You take a sip from the leather canteen.
> A woman with sparkly blue eyes asks "What all did he steal from you?"
You take a drink from the leather canteen.
You are bloated.
>
An old man with dim amber eyes says "If he is still here he won't be breathing
long."
You take a drink from the leather canteen.

> An old man with dim amber eyes begins to slowly walk off to the south,
brandishing an etched double bladed War-axe and gleaming draite battleaxe.
A male mysrra with blue eyes begins to slowly walk off to the south.
An old man with dim amber eyes goes out of sight to the south.
A male mysrra with blue eyes goes out of sight to the south.
You say "He took all the money I had..."
> A man with braided black hair frowns.
A man with braided black hair says "I'm sorry."
A woman with sparkly blue eyes makes a thoughtful noise.
You say "Ent my fire starting kit."
> A woman with sparkly blue eyes reaches to a leather moneybag.
A woman with sparkly blue eyes takes a pile of coins.
A woman with sparkly blue eyes examines a pile of coins.
A woman with sparkly blue eyes gives a pile of coins to you.
You examine a pile of coins.
A pile of various types of coins including 21 copper farthings and seven copper
pennies.
>
You gasp softly.
> A woman with sparkly blue eyes asks "Perhaps that can help recompense the
damage?"

Cireb examines a brown satchel.
A male mysrra with blue eyes walks in from the south.
You say "I hef never had such wealth on me..."
> A woman with sparkly blue eyes giggles.
A woman with sparkly blue eyes says "Well, feel free to give back what you dont
need."

A woman with sparkly blue eyes says "But you shouldn't be without means to
start a fire.."
A woman with sparkly blue eyes asks "Did he take your weapons?"

You say "Oh, I may pay back my debts now to zee taveawn keepah."

A woman with sparkly blue eyes says "Good."
A woman with sparkly blue eyes examines a leather moneybag.

A male mysrra with blue eyes begins to slowly walk off to a library table.
A male mysrra with blue eyes stops in front of a library table.

A male mysrra with blue eyes begins to study.
A man with braided black hair looks at a male mysrra with blue eyes.
You tilt your hat to the back of your head to show blood-red eyes brimming with
tears but also with a look of deep gratitude.
> A man with braided black hair blinks.

A man with braided black hair says "It helps to sit down."
Your name is: Rouge.
You are a female human.
You are lying down here ready to run.
You feel slightly hungry and you feel bloated.
You are barely tired.
You are carrying a noticeable amount of weight.
Age: 28
DOB: Mantes, the 19th of Halax, in the dead of winter of 264YT.

> A male mysrra with blue eyes is interrupted.

A woman with sparkly blue eyes smiles softly, and glances away.
You push yourself up and lean agaisnt the doorway.

A male mysrra with blue eyes looks at you.
You sit up.
> A woman with sparkly blue eyes says "It is only money."

A large library

Obvious exits: south
This place is a little shadowy and warm.
------------------------------------------------------------------
This large, open room has several massive oak bookshelves lining its walls.
Each shelf stretches from floor to the high ceiling and boasts many volumes of
books on diverse subjects. Large windows on two sides allow outdoor light to
enter. The furnishings are of good quality and appear to be well-maintained.
This area is very large with a very high ceiling.
------------------------------------------------------------------
A male mysrra with blue eyes is standing nearby to the northeast.
A woman with sparkly blue eyes is sitting down right next to you.
A man with braided black hair is standing right next to you.
Cireb is standing nearby to the northwest.
A large leather chair is nearby to the northwest.
A library table is nearby to the northeast.
A rich leather couch is nearby to the northeast.
================================================== ================
> A man with braided black hair says "You'll be okay now."
You glance south.


Hero's Walk (N, W and E)
It is well lit over there.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Two iron benches are nearby to the southwest.
================================================== ================

A male mysrra with blue eyes begins to study.
A male mysrra with blue eyes is interrupted.
A male mysrra with blue eyes begins to study.
An old man with dim amber eyes walks in from the south, wielding an etched
double bladed War-axe and gleaming draite battleaxe.

A male mysrra with blue eyes finishes studying and glances away from the text.
An old man with dim amber eyes puts an etched double bladed War-axe into a
blood red burlap sack.
An old man with dim amber eyes puts a gleaming draite battleaxe into a blood
red burlap sack.
A man with braided black hair asks "Didst thou find him?"
An old man with dim amber eyes shakes his head.
A woman with sparkly blue eyes nods to an old man with dim amber eyes.
A man with braided black hair frowns.
A male mysrra with blue eyes looks at an old man with dim amber eyes.

A woman with sparkly blue eyes looks at you.
An old man with dim amber eyes begins to slowly walk off to a large leather
chair.
You shy away from a bit of sunlight that comes through the door and wrap your
cloak tight about her.
> An old man with dim amber eyes stops in front of a large leather chair.
An old man with dim amber eyes sits down on a large leather chair.
A woman with sparkly blue eyes says "Oh, my name is Erais, by the way."


A large library

Obvious exits: south
This place is well lit and warm.
------------------------------------------------------------------
This large, open room has several massive oak bookshelves lining its walls.
Each shelf stretches from floor to the high ceiling and boasts many volumes of
books on diverse subjects. Large windows on two sides allow outdoor light to
enter. The furnishings are of good quality and appear to be well-maintained.
This area is very large with a very high ceiling.
------------------------------------------------------------------
An old man with dim amber eyes is sitting down on a large leather chair nearby
to the northwest.
A male mysrra with blue eyes is standing nearby to the northeast.
A woman with sparkly blue eyes is sitting down right next to you.
A man with braided black hair is standing right next to you.
Cireb is standing nearby to the northwest.
A library table is nearby to the northeast.
A rich leather couch is nearby to the northeast.
================================================== ================

A man with braided black hair smiles at a woman with sparkly blue eyes.

> A male mysrra with blue eyes sits down.
You say "I am called Rouge."
> A male mysrra with blue eyes begins to study.

A man with braided black hair sits down.
Erais asks "Rouge, eh?"

You say "I thank you zo much."
> A man with braided black hair says "I am Maru."


A large library

Obvious exits: south
This place is well lit and warm.
------------------------------------------------------------------
This large, open room has several massive oak bookshelves lining its walls.
Each shelf stretches from floor to the high ceiling and boasts many volumes of
books on diverse subjects. Large windows on two sides allow outdoor light to
enter. The furnishings are of good quality and appear to be well-maintained.
This area is very large with a very high ceiling.
------------------------------------------------------------------
An old man with dim amber eyes is sitting down on a large leather chair nearby
to the northwest.
A male mysrra with blue eyes is sitting down nearby to the northeast studying.
Erais is sitting down right next to you.
A man with braided black hair is sitting down right next to you.
Cireb is standing nearby to the northwest.
A library table is nearby to the northeast.
A rich leather couch is nearby to the northeast.
================================================== ================

An old man with dim amber eyes says "I am Zane Sorol."
Erais asks "The red?"


>
A male mysrra with blue eyes finishes studying and glances away from the text.
You nod wordlessly and pull your hat back over your eyes.

Erais makes a thoughtful noise.
Maru blinks.
A male mysrra with blue eyes begins to study.
Maru says "I'm confused."
Zane says "Erais, fetch me food and drink."
[chat] Macgyver: aye I agree, dio lets see once a limping mute who could
communicate really well without words or emoterulebreaking.

Erais looks at Zane.
Erais bites her bottom lip.
You ask "Vat confuses you suh?"
> Zane grins.
Erais asks "Think that my time away would make me more well trained?"
Erais winks at Zane.
Erais examines a slightly small wicker backpack.

Maru opens a slightly small wicker backpack.
Maru examines a slightly small wicker backpack.
Maru reaches to a slightly small wicker backpack.
Maru takes a small pile of fresh meat.
Erais examines a leather moneybag.
Maru closes a slightly small wicker backpack.
Maru stands up straight.
Maru begins to slowly walk off to Zane, holding a small pile of fresh meat.
Maru stops in front of Zane.
Maru gives a small pile of fresh meat to Zane.
Maru smiles.
Maru says "Bobcat meat."
A male mysrra with blue eyes finishes studying and glances away from the text.
Erais smiles.
A male mysrra with blue eyes growls.
Maru blinks.
A male mysrra with blue eyes begins to study.

Maru asks in ***, "What?"
Maru asks in ***, "I noeckbee him some bobcat meat. Is that bad?"
Zane starts to take a bite of bobcat meat.

Erais makes a thoughtful noise.
A male mysrra with blue eyes finishes studying and glances away from the text.
A male mysrra with blue eyes lies down.
Erais looks at Zane.
You say "I had bettah put this into my savings. Again I thank ye all."
> [chat] Xyrec: anyone here ever met someone who seemed to be a good rper, and
then they just suddenly decide to rob you, and run away.

A male mysrra with blue eyes begins to study.
Erais smiles at you.
Erais says "Take care."
Maru smiles at you.
You push yourself up agaisnt the frame and flash a smile at Erais and Maru.
>
You try to assume the best posture you can manage.
You stand up straight.
> [chat] Mercenary: thats not bad rp.

You slowly walk to the south, holding a pile of coins and leather canteen.
>

Hero's Walk

Obvious exits: north, west and east
This place is well lit and warm.
------------------------------------------------------------------
This is Hero's Walk. The way is paved with neatly spaced clay bricks. On the
north side of the street is a stately gray stone building with benches placed
around it, and beyond the building lies the city's northern wall. Very large
alcoves carved out of the wall each contain a different black stone statue. To
the south of the path, closely spaced trees obscure the view of the rest of
city.
This area is large. The air is eerily still.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Two iron benches are close by to the southwest.
================================================== ================
>
You slowly walk- to the east, wielding a pile of coins and leather canteen.
> [chat] Stolichnaya: I've met people who don't RP a good killing before.

[I go back to the alley that I left my stuff.]

Black Alley

Obvious exits: south
This place is well lit and warm.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Black Alley is a wide, dark street paved with crushed black stone. The alley
runs north and south within the city. This is the northern end of the alley.
There is a small muddy ditch on the east side of the street, which is lined
with grass. To the north stands a single house, constructed of wattle and
daub, and to the west is a vacant lot, covered in tall grass.
This area is large. The air is eerily still.
------------------------------------------------------------------
A leather moneybag is right next to you.
================================================== ================

You open a leather moneybag.
You take a leather moneybag.
You wear a leather moneybag.
You put a pile of coins into a leather moneybag.
>
You close a leather moneybag.
>
You laugh long and loud.
>
You say "Vat a bunch of morons."
>
You open a leather moneybag.
>
You look in your leather moneybag.
A pile of various types of coins including eight silver shillings, 25 copper
farthings and 30 copper pennies.
> [chat] Tanukisoba: Ever notice how the list of horrible rp'ers always seems to
stick in your head better than the list of good ones? (despite how the horrible
list is about 20 times longer than the good list)

[chat] Mercenary: theres nothing wrong with robbing people.

A stream of ants labor over a dead grasshopper, butchering it and carrying it
underground.
[chat] Stolichnaya nods sadly at Tanukisoba.

[chat] Mercenary: robbing people can be great rp.

[chat] Stolichnaya: right, but most people are terrible at it.

[chat] Tanukisoba: 99.99% of the time they use such horrible rp for it, that it
is not funny.

[chat] Seamaire: .... inately, or in rp? if you rp it well, it isn't
neccesarily bad rp. but most of the people i've seen that try to be thiefs do a
not great job at it.

[chat] Mercenary: i wouldnt say 99.9

[chat] Tanukisoba: and the one time it was not horrid rp, people said it was
creator favoritism .

[chat] Xyrec: well, rping can be made difficult by those around you.

[chat] Seamaire: maybe you haven't been robbed by the same perks we have.

[chat] Mercenary: yes i have.

[chat] Tanukisoba: I doubt that

[chat] Mercenary: oh ok.

[chat] Stolichnaya: my thief preferred to be a sneaky SOB instead of a
head-bonker, it was fun actin all innocent.
The Vorpal Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 05:16 PM   #5
Alice
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 11
Alice is on a distinguished road
An ad for AL would rock right now, but I see little point so I'll just chatter away about AL's features.

Vorpal_Tribble's post says a lot of it - we are a role play encouraged mud.  Unfortunately, we don't succeed in this RP as well as we would like, and much of that is down to our skill-based, classless system.  On many mud's, if you wish to learn a certain skill, then you kill x monster to get the exp.  This does not happen on AL.  If you wish to learn a certain skill, you have to practice it - killing x monster will do nothing more than teach you some combat skills, and possibly kill you.

Though this skill based system is nothing new, for a RP based mud such as AL, it does add a lot to the game.  Uber twink is possible, as in any mud, but also is mediocre whittler.  Whittle a torch, or attack the high lord of Edra?  The gloves are off in this game because almost anything is possible.  Whatever you have ever wanted to do on a online game, then you can do it here.  

I must please note however, that AL has been in beta for about 5 years.  It is nowhere near compleate, and any players become testers for the game.  Really, this does add to the vision of the game - the fact that a MUD would spend so many years in beta, rather than throw out some half done areas and guilds, shows that AL puts it's areas and features above players - and it is true.
If you want to play an average joe mud, then there are lots of opportunities for you.  If, however, you want to try out something new that tests your skills and abilities, then you have two choices - join the FBI, or play AL.

OK, so this has turned into an ad for AL, but what the #### - it's in the right forum.

(AL's server is having router problems as I write, so if you want more info on the game - please checkout http://www.filterpost.com/Navigate.asp?BID=1092 while the game is offline)
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:36 PM   #6
The Vorpal Tribble
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 203
The Vorpal Tribble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Vorpal Tribble
Thumbs up

Hey Alice, AL is actually RP enforced/mandatory, not merely encouraged. Just thought I might throw that in


One of the major things that AL has introduced of late is the ability to use such things as tents and cabins which do not reboot with the rest of the wilderness, and items can be stored inside. Tents materia can be sold, along with its tent poles, and has the aiblity to be pulled up and taken to another location.

A log cabin though must be made from alot of hard work and remains strictly in one place once completed. This way you can form your own groups and societies, perhaps a wandering hunting party or a barbarian encampment.

With this done, player buildable cities are only a matter of time.
The Vorpal Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:51 PM   #7
Kenjar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Arizona
Posts: 53
Kenjar is on a distinguished road
Is it possible to pitch a tent in a city? Really, i've got this crazy idea brewing in my head...
Kenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 12:25 AM   #8
The Vorpal Tribble
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 203
The Vorpal Tribble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Vorpal Tribble
Sure, can pitch them wherever you like (except underwater, and in places too small for the tent). However, others can also come and take down your tent and sneak off with it while your away...
The Vorpal Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 01:04 AM   #9
Kenjar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Arizona
Posts: 53
Kenjar is on a distinguished road
I might just come in and play Rodney the mad hobo. I'll pitch a tent in the middle of the biggest city, and whenever someone steals it I will be prompted to give a long speech about morals, ethics, today's youth, the good ol' days, and how the world is generally going to ####. Then he'll screech at you for being in his house (City Square) and come after you with a poorly crafted torch (Which is also his left leg, eating utensile, and wife).

That's some quality Arr-pee, right there. Yesss'ir.
Kenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 10:03 PM   #10
The Vorpal Tribble
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 203
The Vorpal Tribble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to The Vorpal Tribble
Exclamation

*snickers*

If you can afford a tent, you ain't no hobo.
The Vorpal Tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 06:48 PM   #11
YoKuNaMa
 
Posts: n/a
<span style='color:339966'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>I have a log, but it isn't that long.

A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur enters from the large door.
You put a ball of twine into a sack.
> You rummage through your backpack.
> You reach to a backpack.
You take a plant.
> You set a plant down.
> You begin spinning a twine.
> A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur glances around.
Your ears stands up.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur makes a thoughtful noise.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur slowly approaches one of the bookcases.
You mess up while spinning a twine.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur pulls out one of the dusty books, shakes
her head, and pushes it back into its place.
You exclaims, in an soft, low, and angry tone of voice, "Shh... you kits quiet
down. this is a place of study!"
You rummage through your backpack.
> A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur turns her head and glares at you.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur's ears lay flat against her head and she
bares her teeth, then shakes her head.
You whisper to a female mysrra with glossy rusty fur: Ah am sorry for disturbing yew.
> A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur snorts.
look
Library (on a )

Obvious exits: north and south
It is well lit here.
------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a large, rather plain room, with whitewashed walls and exposed
structural beams. Large wooden cases, containing a variety of scrolls and
books, are spaced around the edges of the room, and the floor is covered with
animal skins for more comfortable reading.
This area is slightly large with a fairly high ceiling.
------------------------------------------------------------------
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur is standing close by to the southwest.
A backpack is right next to you.
A spool is right next to you.
A spindle is right next to you.
A distaff is right next to you.
A sack is right next to you.
On a: You are sitting here.
================================================== ================
> A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur pulls out another book, thin and dust
covered.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur sits down.
You gently strokes the fur on the skin.
> A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur sits at the base of the bookcase, and
begins flipping through the book.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur eyes you suspiciously.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur makes a thoughtful noise.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur begins to study.
You rummage through your backpack.
You reach to a backpack.
You take a plant.
You set a plant down.
> A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur finishes studying and glances away from the text.
You begin spinning a twine.
> A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur begins to study.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur finishes studying and glances away from
the text.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur makes a quiet noise, her notched ears
flicking forward.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur begins to study.
You nod at a religious pilgrim and point him in the northern direction.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur finishes studying and glances away from
the text.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur begins to study.
You are successful at spinning a twine.
You examine a ball of twine.
You put a ball of twine into a sack.
You rummage through your backpack.
You reach to a backpack.
You take a plant.
You examine a plant.
You sniff plant.
It smells musty and slightly sweet.
You drop a plant.
You begin spinning a twine.
> A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur finishes studying and glances away from
the text.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur begins to study.
Your ears stand up.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur finishes studying and glances away from
the text.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur makes a thoughtful noise.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur looks back down at her book, and turns
the page carefully.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur begins to study.
You point at the young kits in the far end of the room and then you turns
around and point at the southern exit of the room.
You are successful at spinning a twine.
You mutter.
You put a ball of twine into a sack.
You rummage through your backpack.
You reach to a backpack.
You take a plant.
You set a plant down.
You begin spinning a twine.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur finishes studying and glances away from
the text.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur begins to study.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur finishes studying and glances away from
the text.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur begins to study.
You are successful at spinning a twine.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur finishes studying and glances away from
the text.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur begins to study.
You smile at the hansom young librarian.
You blink rapidly.
You examine a ball of twine.
> A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur finishes studying and glances away from
the text.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur begins to study.
You put a ball of twine into a sack.
You examine a skin.
You pull the fur on the skin.
> A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur finishes studying and glances away from
the text.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur stands up straight.
You twirl your fingers in the fur on the skin.
> A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur closes her book and plases it back into
the bookcase.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur stretches her muscles.
for more information.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur goes toward the large door.
A female mysrra with glossy rusty fur goes out of sight through the large door.</span></span>
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:36 AM   #12
Kenjar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Arizona
Posts: 53
Kenjar is on a distinguished road
Bah, I KNEW you would say that. Any time a game adds some big important new feature it has to be extremely expensive, even if it's the simplist of things. Take horses in Everquest, for example.

Don't pay me any mind, just ranting...
Kenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 04:58 PM   #13
Eagleon
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 147
Eagleon is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Eagleon Send a message via Yahoo to Eagleon
No, you're absolutely right. >.< The simplest tent would be something like a piece of cloth with a stick propping up one end, and rocks holding the other end taut. You could use it for selling stuff, and as crummy, ineffective shelter, and you could easily make it out of any piece of cloth large enough. It doesn't make sense to make them expensive, hard to make, or otherwise uberly aligned in any way. Even horses are reasonable as expensive stuff if you're in the way-back, because you had to take care of them, make sure they didn't get sick and such. I could see horses being precious commodities in AL's setting. But tents? *sigh*

It's the same thing, last I checked, with baldrics. The cost at the store that has them is what, two moons? And all they are are loops of leather.

Oh well. AL's a lot of fun, nonetheless.
Eagleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 12:02 PM   #14
Terloch
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 152
Terloch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Kenjar @ June 24 2004,21:51)
Is it possible to pitch a tent in a city?
I know you all are taking this seriously, but the other connotation for the phrase "pitch a tent" is just entirely too funny in this situation...
Terloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Accursed Lands? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Accursed Lands Zaq Advertising for Players 0 02-17-2005 09:34 AM
Accursed Lands Grendal Advertising for Players 7 12-01-2003 11:43 PM
At Accursed Lands you could win... The Vorpal Tribble Advertising for Players 0 11-20-2003 12:11 AM
Accursed Lands Grendal MUD Announcements 18 11-17-2002 01:13 PM
Accursed Lands Grendal Advertising for Players 1 09-23-2002 06:06 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style based on a design by Essilor
Copyright Top Mud Sites.com 2014