Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

View Poll Results: Just a mini-review, an experiment.
I tried it and I liked it. 2 16.67%
I tried it and I don't like it. 3 25.00%
I tried it and I don't know. 1 8.33%
I didn't try it. 7 58.33%
I might try it later. 3 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2007, 04:15 AM   #1
obit

Home MUD: telnet://we-dont.gotdns.org:1701
obit is on a distinguished road
SPace Combat Simulator

I wanted to clean the thread up a little and put it all into one post. See post #2

Last edited by obit : 04-17-2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: redundant- all combined into one post
obit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:51 PM   #2
obit

Home MUD: telnet://we-dont.gotdns.org:1701
obit is on a distinguished road
Re: SPace Combat Simulator(FARTSMOG)

Multi-Trek is a Fast Action, Real Time, Space-combat, Multiplayer, Online Game... or FARTSMOG, If you'd prefer to call it that. I give you my personal guarantee, that you'll never find another FARTSMOG like it.

the game:

telnet we-dont.gotdns.org port 1701
telnet://we-dont.gotdns.org:1701

To play via web browser:
jtrek at game-host.org

JTrek wiki (newly added) with all the info you'll need to get started
https://we-dont.gotdns.org/tw/tiki-index.php?page=JTrek

This MUD classic has been going strong for more than 20 years, though- perhaps MUD isn't the correct term, as there are no "rooms" or "dungeons".. but with all of the fancy acronyms going around these days (MMORPG MOPOG NRRTTLMMLMNOP MOJOPOGO RPIMUGOO ect) I felt it was time to come up with one that encompassed this particular genre, lest it be confused with another type of game. FARTSMOG was the obvious choice.

You fly around a 3-D universe in a space ship, and your goal is to kill other players who are also flying around in space ships. You get points for shooting the other guy. If you survive, you recieve gold, and if you kill the other guy, you get to take his gold. The more gold you have, the higher you are on the scoreboard.

There are no levels. There is no roleplaying. You can talk to other players, but if you try to do so "in character" you might get laughed at. Sigh.. I know, it has a Star Trek theme.. but we aren't "trekkies". Infact, trekkies are normally quite put off by the game since apparently our planets are in the wrong places, our ships don't work the "right way", and there's no storyline to make it fit into the canon official "Star Trek Universe".. Whatever. It's all about blowing stuff up.

This is a hard game to learn at first and you will die over and over starting out, but thankfully, most of the other players are quite friendly, and will be glad to point you in the right direction if you need help.

Look for me in the game or email me ttype87@hotmail.com and I'll help you get started.

A map of one of six massive quadrants in the game.
(2-D looking 'down' at the 3-D universe)

And of course a screenshot of the game.
(using a standard telnet client)

Last edited by obit : 04-17-2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: FARTSMOG
obit is offline   Reply With Quote