|02-25-2009, 12:55 PM||#1|
Join Date: May 2008
Location: North Augusta, SC
Home MUD: Realm of the Magi
Realm of the Magi :: Seeking LPC Staff Members
Realm of the Magi (RotM) is an LPmud, running on the LDMud 3.2.9 driver w/ the MySQL database module and a customized mudlib platform, based on a unique dark & magical fantasy theme. Unlike many other MUDs codebases, our gameworld was designed to become truely PvP and PvG interactive -- even rewarding our players both on the social, combative and in-character roleplay aspects.
Upcoming In-Game Features:
* Interactive NPCs -- They talk, respond and can even fulfill needs!
* Reputation-based Quest System -- Solving quests can affect your buying/selling habits!
* LiveQuest System -- Interact with fellow 'Adventurers' in several 'free-for-all' games.
* Defined Room System -- Expand descriptions for hidden exits or treasures!
* Adventurer Helper Guide -- To help new 'adventurers' play our game!
* Integrated Alias System -- Quick links to repetitious commands & macros.
* Dynamic Merchant System -- Stock market economics for Pubs, Inns & Shops!
* Customized ANSI Color -- Rooms, objects, you define it... COLORED!
Currently we are seeking a number of new or veteran LPC world builders to help us with the redefination of a new world topography and integration of new development proposals to help reforce the game to be more 'player-friendly'. We are seeking those that want to expand their creative background in helping to develop one of the most featured LPMuds ever created.
General requirements to be considered:
* Must have a willingness to learn and be patient
* Willingness to provide more on the quality (workmanship) level than on quantity
* Have at least 3 hours per week to code/build
* Experience or 'Willing to Learn' the LPC programming language
* Basic Unix/Linux experience (i.e. ls, ftp, more, ed)
So if you have the time (as stated above) and the willingness to learn and apply what you have learned, we welcome you to come by and apply for a position within our staff. We have an ever-changing 'todo' list available, thus several opportunities for builders to rise up and become mudlib developers as the need increases. And for those that are experienced mudlib developers, we definately have challenges for you as well!
Website : http://rotm.murpe.com
Game Site: rotm.murpe.com 1501
-++- RotM Administration -++-