Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Coding
Click here to Register

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2009, 06:12 AM   #41
Samson
Member
 
Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: United Socialist States of America
Home MUD: SmaugMuds.org
Home MUD: Arthmoor MUD Hosting
Posts: 249
Samson is on a distinguished road
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
I think that no matter what I say, Samson, you'll insult me and refute it. Goodbye, troll.
When you insist on making such clearly outlandish claims and making it clear you're going to break the law, you shouldn't expect to be treated with fairness and respect. That's reserved for people who actually follow the licenses they've agreed to and don't run around trying to pass other people's works off as their own.
Samson is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 09:55 AM   #42
Fizban
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Name: Brandon
Location: Shelby Township, Michigan
Home MUD: The Builder Academy
Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Posts: 142
Fizban is on a distinguished road
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
I have to say that even Hans doesn't stoop low enough to call me a "thief"


YouTube - Tupac - Hit Em Up(Uncensored)
You are a thief. Period. Arguing it with us is futile.

EDIT: I am curious though what a Tupac song has to do with your thieving actions.

Last edited by Fizban : 06-26-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Fizban is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 12:37 PM   #43
locke
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
Posts: 195
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
You are a thief. Period. Arguing it with us is futile.
Why don't you and Samson and "prof1515" create a bot that just says "Thief" every time I write a message. Might save you some time, you know.

Legends of Zork - Home

Last edited by locke : 06-26-2009 at 01:21 PM.
locke is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 04:27 PM   #44
Fizban
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Name: Brandon
Location: Shelby Township, Michigan
Home MUD: The Builder Academy
Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Posts: 142
Fizban is on a distinguished road
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
Why don't you and Samson and "prof1515" create a bot that just says "Thief" every time I write a message. Might save you some time, you know.

Legends of Zork - Home
I'd only use that bot here and TMC, because if you posted on any of the three MUD sites I moderate the "bot's" response would ban you.
Fizban is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #45
locke
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
Posts: 195
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threshold View Post
The US Copyright office does not review or approve copyright filings. They just handle the paperwork and file it for later reference.
No, they perform an investigation which requires research which is why it takes up to a year to actually get listed.

To the haters:
The one thing I haven't ever seen you self-indulging prideful, lying ignorant bigots do is apologize for being such pudding-for-brain morons, dolts and trolls.
locke is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 05:13 PM   #46
Fizban
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Name: Brandon
Location: Shelby Township, Michigan
Home MUD: The Builder Academy
Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Posts: 142
Fizban is on a distinguished road
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
No, they perform an investigation which requires research which is why it takes up to a year to actually get listed.

To the haters:
The one thing I haven't ever seen you self-indulging prideful, lying ignorant bigots do is apologize for being such pudding-for-brain morons, dolts and trolls.
I am not in the habit of apologizing when I have done nothing wrong. Nor am I ignorant or a liar, though both of those adjectives describe you rather accurately.
Fizban is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #47
Samson
Member
 
Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: United Socialist States of America
Home MUD: SmaugMuds.org
Home MUD: Arthmoor MUD Hosting
Posts: 249
Samson is on a distinguished road
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
Why don't you and Samson and "prof1515" create a bot that just says "Thief" every time I write a message. Might save you some time, you know.
We'd prefer to see the administration revoke your privileges to post about your thievery here, but it seems they're not going to do that.

There's a reason we banned you from MudBytes, you're demonstrating it right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
No, they perform an investigation which requires research which is why it takes up to a year to actually get listed.
Guess again. I've filed for 3 copyright registrations for MUD code and each time spent $30 to get the certificates and they all arrived in my hands within 4 weeks each time. If they did any research at all, it was very VERY quick. Given that it's a government agency, I can't credit them with that kind of efficiency or accuracy. I could have been registering for copyright on Windows and given them chapters from War and Peace without any trouble
Samson is offline  
Old 06-26-2009, 07:35 PM   #48
Threshold
Legend
 
Threshold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Home MUD: Threshold RPG
Posts: 1,241
Threshold will become famous soon enough
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
No, they perform an investigation which requires research which is why it takes up to a year to actually get listed.
No they don't. They do not verify anything. They are just a record keeping organization. In the event of legal action, all the US Copyright office will do is present a legally valid submission date to the courts. They do not verify whether or not the submitter is the legitimate owner of the copyright. That is a matter for courts, and it would be exceptionally onerous and expensive for the US Copyright office to attempt such a thing. They sure as heck couldn't afford to do it for the $35 electronic filing fee.

Furthermore, it does not take up to a year to get listed.

U.S. Copyright Office - Registering a Work (FAQ)

"Ninety percent of online filers should receive a certificate of registration within six months of submission. One-third should receive a certificate within ten weeks of submission."

So 2-6 months approximately. I've filed tons of them, and I don't remember a single one taking more than 1-3 months.

Filing a copyright is one of the simplest and most straight forward processes in the entire realm of the federal government. It is not proof of anything beyond the fact that you sent them a copy of a copyrighted work you claim to own.
Threshold is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 01:50 AM   #49
prof1515
Senior Member
 
prof1515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 791
prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
No, they perform an investigation which requires research which is why it takes up to a year to actually get listed.
No, that sounds more like the USPTO (United States Patent and Trademark Office). Verification of a trademark can take that long but that's completely different than registering copyright.

Quote:
To the haters:
The one thing I haven't ever seen you self-indulging prideful, lying ignorant bigots do is apologize for being such pudding-for-brain morons, dolts and trolls.
We're not being any of the things you described. You are describing yourself. Self-indulgent? I'd call posting repeatedly in thread after thread year after year the same bull**** pretty self-indulgent. Prideful? Being unable to acknowledge your ignorance of U.S. copyright law, the facts about the origin of your code and even the source of the reaction against you is pretty prideful. Lying? Claiming to have invented YouTube, OLC and any of the other things you had no involvement with is dishonest. Ignorant? Just look at your arguments regarding U.S. copyright law. Bigoted? Just look at your refusal to acknowledge reality when it doesn't agree with your opinion. By the way, I'm still waiting to hear someone speak up and say you're correct. *crickets continue to chirp* Morons? Again, look at your arguments regarding copyright law. Only a moron or a self-indulgent, prideful, lying, ignorant bigot would continue to argue your opinion in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Same applies for dolt. Troll? You're the one going on TMS and TMC stirring up trouble with your baseless opinions and demands. Sounds like a troll to me!

One of the signs of narcissism is blaming others for your own weaknesses and failures. Your inability to acknowledge your errors and inacurrate opinions demonstrates that quite effectively. Additionally, your boasts of your clearly-exagerrated IQ and abilities are also a sign of a narcissist mind. I'm not sure what, if any, treatment is available for such tendencies but my heartfelt suggestion is that you seek it immediately lest the remainder of your life be as pathetic as your life thus far.

On a related note, I am introducing a motion to the RPMUD Operating Committee to prohibit the listing of any game using stolen code unless the games themselves reinsert the proper credits. By default, any game using Nimud would therefore be banned from the listings due to the nature of Locke's crimes. I would like to also suggest TMS and TMC adopt such a policy and remove any such games from their listings.
prof1515 is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 03:40 AM   #50
Delerak
Senior Member
 
Delerak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Name: Dan
Location: New York
Posts: 706
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

I would hate to see these threads deleted, for one reason. Debate can never be bad. I don't care who is "right" in these cases, any thread where people are passionately debating their side of something that is obviously a complex issue of legality deserves to be forever used as as reference for any further problems.

Some of the threads are definitely winding down to being 'spam' so those I wouldn't mind seeing gone. But any of the threads that have a detailed length of information between users personal beliefs should remain for archival usage.
Delerak is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 03:42 AM   #51
Delerak
Senior Member
 
Delerak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Name: Dan
Location: New York
Posts: 706
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

Also if we delete these threads we have no evidence to ban Locke if he continues posting more threads on his NiMud thing or whatever it is.
Delerak is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #52
locke
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
Posts: 195
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

None of these responses warrant a reply.
locke is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #53
Baram
Member
 
Baram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seoul
Home MUD: Tears of Polaris
Posts: 218
Baram is on a distinguished road
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
None of these responses warrant a reply.

And yet you just replied to them...
Baram is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 08:12 PM   #54
locke
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
Posts: 195
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baram View Post
And yet you just replied to them...
Yes, I wrote that, in a nutshell, I do not value their input and don't really feel a need to repeat myself further since they just keep attacking from the same position no matter what I do or say.
locke is offline  
Old 06-27-2009, 11:26 PM   #55
Samson
Member
 
Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: United Socialist States of America
Home MUD: SmaugMuds.org
Home MUD: Arthmoor MUD Hosting
Posts: 249
Samson is on a distinguished road
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
Yes, I wrote that, in a nutshell, I do not value their input and don't really feel a need to repeat myself further since they just keep attacking from the same position no matter what I do or say.
That's called consistency. Our position has not changed, yet apparently we still need to repeat it because you're willfully ignoring it. You're a thief, a liar, and a worthless paranoid human being. One day you'll get the justice you deserve and my only regret would be not being there to see it happen.
Samson is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 02:05 AM   #56
locke
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
Posts: 195
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
That's called consistency. Our position has not changed, yet apparently we still need to repeat it because you're willfully ignoring it. You're a thief, a liar, and a worthless paranoid human being. One day you'll get the justice you deserve and my only regret would be not being there to see it happen.
"Our" -- speaking in the third person? It might be appropriate to note that the FBI lie detection field manual discusses liars as those who "have difficulty speaking in the first person", using plural pronouns instead of singular when referring to thyself.

It's basically irrational behavior; you refuse to accept any evidence I give you and, at the same time, accept only the evidence that you provide. This is why it is best to be tried by an unbiased jury, and not the biased ones such as yourself and your "crew".
locke is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 05:25 AM   #57
drakkos
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Home MUD: Epitaph
Posts: 18
drakkos is on a distinguished road
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
"Our" -- speaking in the third person? It might be appropriate to note that the FBI lie detection field manual discusses liars as those who "have difficulty speaking in the first person", using plural pronouns instead of singular when referring to thyself.
Man, you give Good Crazy. :-D

Seriously, you'd think by now I would be full to bursting with it, but it's just so delicious I... I just can't stop!

Drakkos
drakkos is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 08:17 AM   #58
KaVir
Legend
 
KaVir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
Posts: 2,052
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baram View Post
And yet you just replied to them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
Yes, I wrote that, in a nutshell, I do not value their input and don't really feel a need to repeat myself further since they just keep attacking from the same position no matter what I do or say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
That's called consistency. Our position has not changed, yet apparently we still need to repeat it because you're willfully ignoring it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
"Our" -- speaking in the third person?
You do realise that you've been addressing multiple people, by using the plural form, right?
KaVir is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 12:05 PM   #59
Samson
Member
 
Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: United Socialist States of America
Home MUD: SmaugMuds.org
Home MUD: Arthmoor MUD Hosting
Posts: 249
Samson is on a distinguished road
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
"Our" -- speaking in the third person?
Yes. "Our". Because there are at least 3 of us who have openly taken the position that you're a liar and a code thief. So it would be appropriate to refer to that in the 3rd person.
Samson is offline  
Old 06-28-2009, 04:55 PM   #60
Fizban
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Name: Brandon
Location: Shelby Township, Michigan
Home MUD: The Builder Academy
Home MUD: 4 Dimensions
Posts: 142
Fizban is on a distinguished road
Re: NiMUD 5 Re-released Under AL/GPL

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
"Our" -- speaking in the third person? It might be appropriate to note that the FBI lie detection field manual discusses liars as those who "have difficulty speaking in the first person", using plural pronouns instead of singular when referring to thyself.

It's basically irrational behavior; you refuse to accept any evidence I give you and, at the same time, accept only the evidence that you provide. This is why it is best to be tried by an unbiased jury, and not the biased ones such as yourself and your "crew".
Our seems rather accurate to me. Samson, prof1515, Delerak, KaVir and I seem to all have very similar positions. Collectively that would make it our position.

PS:

Splitting hairs? It might be appropriate to note that Fizban considers those who comment on another's word choice when losing a debate are usually pathological liars and thieves trying to change the topic.
Fizban is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style based on a design by Essilor
Copyright Top Mud Sites.com 2014