|11-28-2009, 12:21 AM||#1|
Dragonball Advent Truth
Dragonball Advent Truth, the advent of true DBZ mudding.
Have you ever wished to play in a DBZ MUD that actually expressed the ideas put forth in the show and stuck to them as closely as possible while still maintaining that "game" aspect? You may have tried other DBZ MUDs and been disappointed to find that they either sacrificed the game play element or sacrificed the DBZ element. Perhaps you have played DBZ MUDs that are DBZ in name only but for all intents and purposes are either poorly designed or a totally different genre pretending to be DBZ just to draw you in. Perhaps you have tried many DBZ MUDs and been disappointed for a number of reasons.
Well friend your answer has arrived. Dragonball Advent Truth is that answer. It is a DBZ mud that sticks as close to the ideas of the show as possible, distilling them into a game, and all while still maintaining balanced game play. We at Dragonball Advent Truth can't stress balance enough. Balance is what makes games enjoyable. Balance is what brings out the best in the player. Not just being handed achievements or having them ridiculously difficult to earn. Not having one caste of players standing above another without any due process for that caste to be replaced.
You may be wondering what a DBZ MUD advertisement like this is doing droning on and on about balance and game play. You may have become so used to the trash heap that the DBZ MUD community is recognized as that you don't even stop to think of "game play" and "DBZ" in the same sentence. If you are fair minded that is about to change. A better day has arrived friends, a day when you can play a DBZ MUD and be proud of that MUD instead of making excuses for it. A DBZ MUD so far beyond the rest you will wonder what you have been doing all this time. Dragonball Advent Truth is the mud you have been waiting for even if you didn't realize it until now.
What DBAT offers
* Destructible environments.
* Fully explorable space
* Private Ships that you can own to explore space
* Dynamic Gravity system with gravity generators that can be programmed to a specific setting
* Dynamic Wish system that summons Shenron and allows you to speak wishes like in the show
* Scouters that work like in the show, detecting powerlevels on a planet and alerting their owner
to incoming powerlevels.
* Unique Combat system that allows for personalized strategies based on the pros/cons of your
skill set. Encouraging teamwork against powerful opponents or expressing the awesome feeling
of fighting alone.
* Sensei fighting disciplines chosen at character creation. Each with their own set of skills that
* Trainers, the non-Sensei type that offer skills to players of any discipline if they happen to find
the trainer and meet their requirements for training.
* Fully coded clan system that allows ultimate freedom for clan leaders to run their clans.
Setting whether the clan is free to join or restricted to application. Naming the ranks of the clan
and being able to actively promote/demote your members. Managing the clan bank for
purchasing clan related buildings/perks. As well as much more.
* In depth roleplay environment that fully takes advantage of the advanced systems of DBAT.
These are to name but a fraction of what Dragonball Advent Truth offers. Won't you come experience the true beginning of DBZ mudding with us? You won't regret it. Leave the past behind.
Opens Nov. 30th 2009
|11-30-2009, 02:11 AM||#2|
Re: Dragonball Advent Truth
There seems to be some confusion on the actual opening date/time. For those who don't know already it is Nov 30th at 2pm Est. USA. Sorry for any inconvenience.