|08-10-2014, 03:45 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2008
Home MUD: Alter Aeon
Alter Aeon August 2014 Updates
Alter Aeon is a well established MUD with a long history. Set in a world of swords and magic, we regularly update with new game content, features, and system-wide events. The game is blind friendly for the visually impaired.
New and updated articles:
- Updated article - Introduction to Healing in Groups. This article describes what being a healer in a group means, how to improve your skills as a healer, and things to look for to help you keep your group alive.
- New article - Cleric Class Overview. This is an overview of the skills and spells available to clerics and some of their roles within the game.
- New article - How to Use Channels on Alter Aeon. This article presents an overview of basic channel commands, including how to create and manage your own channels.
Articles can be found on our articles pages, at: http://alteraeon.com/articles
New and updated areas:
- A new total level 120 group area containing obsidian trolls can be found north of Haun's Mill, in the southeastern section of the mainland.
- A new level 17 area, the ruins of a destroyed drow city, has been discovered on the Island of Archais by the centaurs of Fort Magnesia.
- Castle Dragnok, east of Ralnoth on the mainland, has been reworked and updated. It is now a level 31 area.
- A new level 30 area, the abandoned stronghold of Clan Unforgiven, has been opened in the forest west of Ralnoth.
- The burned out forest, a total level 114 area, has been opened west of Natchsburg.
- The Drow mines around and under Old Thalos have been upgraded and extended. This area is now level 30.
- The Clearwater Beach, and the nearby Ancestral Island, have been added to the Island of Kordan north of the city of Naphtali. These level 19 areas contain a number of quests and should help bridge the transition to the Island of Archais.
There have also been a number of quest improvements, additions and links added on Archais. If you haven't done the quests there recently, you may want to check back at Gad's Landing and the surrounding areas. As always, use the 'area new' command in-game for a list of recent zones.
We hope to see you there!
Alter Aeon MUD
|08-11-2014, 02:12 AM||#2|
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Illinois, USA
Home MUD: Alter Aeon
Re: Alter Aeon August 2014 Updates
In addition to the changes mentioned by Dentin, three new areas by Draak and Shadowfax have also been opened tonight:
Mount Bliztstadt, in the northern Ash Mountains near the Iron Sea, a total level 118 area meant for groups.
The Great Vortex, Astral Plane of Air, a total level 122 area for groups.
The Empyrean Caliphate, Astral Plane of Air, a total level 122 area for groups.
Dragons, two-headed rocs, thunderbirds, cloud giants, greater djinni and various air elementals are just some of the foes you can expect to find in these new additions. All of these areas feature high level good-aligned mobs and lots of good-aligned equipment, as well a loosely connected series of quests.
They all tie into the lore of the Giant Pyramid Builders, and add more depth and content to the Astral Plane of Air.