Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
Sengeril
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7
Sengeril is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Dark Mists - WWW.Darkmists.Org Needs some PLayers

Hi Folks,

I took a break a few years ago and when i returned I found piles of great new features. The coders have really done a great job with new subclasses and new skills. It's great. The only problem is that there are no players around to enjoy it with. DM is the only mud i've played that constantly gets my adrenaline pumping to the point my hands shake. The RP is exciting, the house wars are amazing, but you need players to interact with.

They have been doing Double XP - and have started a newbie channel so players can help others and ooc stuff can be discussed easily.

Warrior subclasses are in now and like the other sub classes each plays completely different. Berserkers Hit really hard but have the negatives that they go into a wild rage and attack friend and foes alike. Blade Dancers are all about swords and intracate dances with those blades. Defenders are pure defense with some great team skills.


A few new Races are also in since last I played. Griffon (you start as an egg and hatch and are a fairly powerful force for good)
Giant sub races are also interesting if you like playing those.

They also added in a great quest system.

common over and play. I'd love some folks to interact with. Make sure you pick new player when you create - so your be identified as a new soul.

Site again Dark Mists - Interactive MUD RPG

You can look up skills and religions and stuff on the site and try it out. DM rewards RP.

Last edited by Sengeril : 10-30-2013 at 11:09 AM. Reason: forgot some stuff
Sengeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #2
arden
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20
arden is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Mists - WWW.Darkmists.Org Needs some PLayers

reads and looks like a post done by the mud owner pretending to be a player, If you hadn't created an account to use once and LIE about who you are I would have come and taken a look

Last edited by arden : 10-30-2013 at 07:37 PM. Reason: typo
arden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
Sengeril
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7
Sengeril is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Mists - WWW.Darkmists.Org Needs some PLayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by arden View Post
reads and looks like a post done by the mud owner pretending to be a player, If you hadn't created an account to use once and LIE about who you are I would have come and taken a look

I'm a player. Not an ower. Sengeril is my character in game. Warrior Blade Dancer Troll.

I assure you i'm not an owner. I'm not even sure who own it.

I posted here because I am ranking up some of the other new classes now and it's easier and way more fun if you do that with other people. When I left there were usually 30 - 60 people around.

Last edited by Sengeril : 10-30-2013 at 10:01 PM. Reason: forgot something
Sengeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:10 AM   #4
Quitupalar
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Name: David
Location: Mayport, FL
Home MUD: www.darkmists.org
Posts: 5
Quitupalar is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Mists - WWW.Darkmists.Org Needs some PLayers

I can vouch for Sengeril as a player. I created an account to come here and post about DM myself but looks like he beat me to it. I've been playing this game off and on for 15 years. Never been an IMM/Admin and never wanted to because life gets in the way too much. Took a year hiatus and and just started back up recently because I had just bought my first house late last year and was getting ready to leave on deployment. Now I'm on my way back home and it's time to get back into the swing of things. Can't wait to see my family!

Now on to the MUD. I enjoy Dark Mists because it's challenging. If you go exploring you are going to eventually run into a strong aggressive MOB, maze, or a trap. There are many puzzles built into the game and its items. As an example one item that has always piqued my interest is a sword that based on key phrases you say it changes it's damage type. You have to search for clues in game to know what to say.

I also enjoy the roleplay in Dark Mists. With how the houses and clan systems are set up you can pretty much pick any roleplay you want. If it doesn't fall under how a house operates then you can start your own clan with a small amount of gold. Immortal worshiping is another form of roleplay available with rewards from your chosen God or Goddess if you roleplay well.

Playerkilling is also a thrill. While the classes aren't 100% balanced most of them are pretty close. Some are a little stronger than others but I don't feel as if any of them are unplayable. Gear has a big factor in PK and the biggest challenge to a new player will be to figure out where to get the good gear from. My fellow players and I are mostly nice and will help with that if someone asks. We have a newbie channel which broadcasts to pretty much everyone that is very useful for when starting the game.

I've tried other MUDs and none have come close to how this one feels. The big downfall is that the playerbase is small right now. A lot of newer players get frustrated with the challenge of the game.

If you feel like coming to play with us check it out @ Dark Mists - Interactive MUD RPG

Check the forum for info on how to play. The strategy guide section has a "How to play Darkmists" guide in there on the first or second page that I wrote that may be helpful. I posted it under one of my old characters names, Joad.
Quitupalar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #5
srahsia
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Name: Zara
Location: Malaysia
Home MUD: darkmists.org 2222
Posts: 1
srahsia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to srahsia
Re: Dark Mists - WWW.Darkmists.Org Needs some PLayers

This is actually my favourite mud and we really do need more players.
The arena battles are great..
The players are helpful..
Just join us! Really!
srahsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:42 PM   #6
Sengeril
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7
Sengeril is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Mists - WWW.Darkmists.Org Needs some PLayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by srahsia View Post
This is actually my favourite mud and we really do need more players.
The arena battles are great..
The players are helpful..
Just join us! Really!

We still need players. It's great when they are there, but need more.. i'd love to see the numbers back up to what they were years ago.. with 30-60 people on most of the time.
Sengeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:43 PM   #7
Sengeril
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7
Sengeril is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Mists - WWW.Darkmists.Org Needs some PLayers

The newbie area was updated a bit, as well as new races have gone in. Balance Draconains.

Also Dragon quests added to become full dragon I believe (haven't had a chance to do those) along with lots of other things. Come try it out folks.
Sengeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:49 AM   #8
AldoRaines
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8
AldoRaines is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Mists - WWW.Darkmists.Org Needs some PLayers

Avoid this one. I had to leave for like 2 months and I came back to find my dude deleted! That's a pretty quick turnaround for a character that was approaching max level. = (
AldoRaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 12:51 AM   #9
AldoRaines
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8
AldoRaines is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Mists - WWW.Darkmists.Org Needs some PLayers

Also, when I was playing a low level character, some high level guy came and was healing my enemies because he and I were different alignments. He couldn't attack me because I was low, but he could still grief.

He kept looking at me and saying stupid stuff because I aggravated him in the OOC channel. Super bad form.
AldoRaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:15 AM   #10
NoName
New Member
 
NoName's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 4
NoName is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Mists - WWW.Darkmists.Org Needs some PLayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by arden View Post
reads and looks like a post done by the mud owner pretending to be a player, If you hadn't created an account to use once and LIE about who you are I would have come and taken a look
We're all here to find fun MUDs. Sengeril is just putting in his two cents about Dark Mists. I can vouch for him, he is by no means the owner. Played there years ago, life happened, then I came back to it.

This is because I've not seen any other MUD coded remotely similar to, consistently updated like, nor experienced as. RP is solid across the board, PK is healthy and the mobs keep you on your toes.
I could've just said it's a blast....but who wouldn't want a bit more expounding?

Are you, the reader, interested? Scope out the MUD's homepage for yourself. We (the MUD as a whole, not just me and Sengeril) look forward to seeing you join on in!
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 05:21 AM   #11
NoName
New Member
 
NoName's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 4
NoName is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Mists - WWW.Darkmists.Org Needs some PLayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AldoRaines View Post
Also, when I was playing a low level character, some high level guy came and was healing my enemies because he and I were different alignments. He couldn't attack me because I was low, but he could still grief.

He kept looking at me and saying stupid stuff because I aggravated him in the OOC channel. Super bad form.
Can't speak to your experience with a griefer, not my place to say yea or nay as to the truth about it. I've never run into that and that's all I can say.

About your deleted character:
The rules/policies state that a character must have had at least one session every thirty days to avoid getting deleted. This averts potential needs for pwipes. Hope that cleared everything up for ya.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:00 PM   #12
DarkOzma
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: On Dragonball Evolution
Home MUD: Dragonball Evolution
Posts: 36
DarkOzma is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Mists - WWW.Darkmists.Org Needs some PLayers

This is 2014...not 1990 where MUD servers had limited space. If a MUD is deleting players for not logging on for 30 days due to "memory" issues or whatever, that's silly as hell. No MUD nowadays should be deleting players for not logging on, get with the times. You can defend your MUD all your want but it won't make sense considering how much space is offered on servers now and how little space a playerfile takes up. My MUD is nearing 12,000 playerfiles created, so unless this MUD has 500,000 playerfiles, I don't see why they would be deleting players. I guess some MUDs still like to grief their players.
DarkOzma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 06:12 AM   #13
NoName
New Member
 
NoName's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 4
NoName is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Mists - WWW.Darkmists.Org Needs some PLayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOzma View Post
This is 2014...not 1990 where MUD servers had limited space. If a MUD is deleting players for not logging on for 30 days due to "memory" issues or whatever, that's silly as hell. No MUD nowadays should be deleting players for not logging on, get with the times. You can defend your MUD all your want but it won't make sense considering how much space is offered on servers now and how little space a playerfile takes up. My MUD is nearing 12,000 playerfiles created, so unless this MUD has 500,000 playerfiles, I don't see why they would be deleting players. I guess some MUDs still like to grief their players.
Relax, DarkOzma. I was just conveying (as one that has never owned a MUD) what I would surmise the reason might be. No foul, I don't know everything. What I do know is where I like to play. Not being an imm, I didn't rule out other reasons.

In any case, whatever the reason, that is what the policy was last I checked, and I was just trying to answer what appeared to be AldoRaines' way of wanting to know why his character was no longer there.

Cheers, buddy.

Last edited by NoName : 08-23-2014 at 05:30 AM.
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:11 AM   #14
AldoRaines
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 8
AldoRaines is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Mists - WWW.Darkmists.Org Needs some PLayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName View Post
Relax, DarkOzma. I was just conveying (as one that has never owned a MUD) what I would surmise the reason might be. No foul, I don't know everything. What I do know is where I like to play. Not being an imm, I didn't rule out other reasons.

In any case, whatever the reason, that is what the policy was last I checked, and I was just trying to answer what appeared to be AldoRaines' way of wanting to know why his character was no longer there.

Cheers, buddy.
To be fair, I asked an immortal with the pray channel and he restored my character, minus the limited gear that I was carrying, which is understandable.
AldoRaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:34 PM   #15
Sengeril
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7
Sengeril is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Mists - WWW.Darkmists.Org Needs some PLayers

It likely had to do with limited gear. I recall an announcement on their forum. I think they have to go through and search through all the pfiles manually every once in a while to prevent those super rare and powerful items from being on players who don't play much. Not sure if that is the reason or not. I do know there are some super interesting items that are 1 of a kind. If those items are stuck in a pfile for someone who doesn't play some of the other players can get upset. Just a guess.

Changes of note lately I've noticed is the House/clan depraved has new spirits they can call into destroy those who are good. Each of the new spirits has powers that are useful based on the famous players who played them in the past and accomplished something for that house. The house itself is still a mystery to me but it's an evil house with mysterious goals and a force to be reckoned with.
Sengeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #16
Sengeril
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 7
Sengeril is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Mists - WWW.Darkmists.Org Needs some PLayers

Update - As a result of feedback from playerbase the staff implemented a purge system to allow rare items to be put back into circulation without requiring a logon or manual pfile searching.
Sengeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 07:20 AM   #17
NoName
New Member
 
NoName's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 4
NoName is on a distinguished road
Re: Dark Mists - WWW.Darkmists.Org Needs some PLayers

Another major realm-wide plotline just came to a close in the Dark Mists. If you like reading RP logs that string together a story, you can start with this RP log (found on this forum board page). From there, just follow the RP logs posted by a character named "Ethimos."

Cheers!
NoName is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style based on a design by Essilor
Copyright Top Mud Sites.com 2014