|05-17-2017, 04:51 PM||#1|
Join Date: Feb 2011
Seeking coding position
I'm a professional software engineer looking to take on a volunteer/hobbyist coding project. I'm experienced with the Awakened Worlds codebase (a CircleMUD derivative), and I ran the Bug City tinker-toy MUD for several years. My preferred languages are C/C++/Java/Python, but I'm willing to learn a new language for the right game.
In terms of what I'm looking for in your game:
- A minimum of 6 players at peak (I'd like to know my work will be enjoyed by players!)
- Access to whatever files are necessary to run a local dev port for rapid testing and iteration.
- A source code management system for easier collaboration (Git recommended but not required). Heavy bonus given to MUDs whose codebase is open-sourced.
- The presence of a dev port on your server for collaborative testing.
- A method for crediting contributors to your game. This can be as simple as an update to your in-game credits and a line on your website.
What I'd like to avoid:
- MUSH / MUCK / MOO-type games. If it has a mudlib, it's not for me.
- Adult-oriented MUDs. Adult themes are fine, but should not be the focus of your game.
- Having a privileged / staff role on your production port.
If you're looking for a coder and running a game that meets the above requirements, please PM me or leave a reply here with your MUD info and a way to get in touch with you.
Last edited by LucienSadi : 05-18-2017 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Reduced peak-player requirement to not rule out smaller-but-active MUDs.