Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Staff
Click here to Register

Old 06-28-2005, 12:39 PM   #1
Danlor

Danlor is on a distinguished road
Hello!

I've heard from many a MOO and MUSH player that the Harry Potter world is only fit to be used as a MOO, or a MUSH. I highly disagree.

I think it would make a wonderful MUD, and provide not only lots of fun RP, but also some hack and slash relief when you just don't feel like RPing.

One of the main concerns seems to be: How would you level up?

Simple enough.

Take on a few grindylows at the lake, or try your hand on some of the rabid creatures in the Forbidden Forest. You could also duel your fellow students, or adult wizards to see who's the stronger, and gain experience without having to kill—or, of course, you could duel to the death. Don't forget that once you graduate, there are plenty of Death eaters running around to take on... or to join.

If you don’t enjoy hack and slash at all, there are plenty of school tasks, and odd jobs around the town that can be completed to gain levels, and RP will be automatically rewarded with exp every ten minutes. Learning spells, either from another player, a teacher, or a book in the library, will also grant exp. An additional bonus of exp can be gained by completely mastering the spell.

Don't want to play a Wizard or Witch? Be a Squib! Was your life just one long, sad story? Get some of your own back by returning to haunt everyone as a Ghost!

I have plenty more ideas, and if someone is interested in implementing this I would be thrilled to either help out by building, or even to just play it and help with bug testing and general player feedback.

If you're interested, please contact me here, or at:

Last edited by Danlor : 08-21-2007 at 02:44 AM.
Danlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 01:17 PM   #2
Danlor

Danlor is on a distinguished road
Smile

Since I've gotten a few e-mails about this, I thought I would update to say that I have currently started running one using a custom codebase created by Kyros.

I'm looking for builders, player testers, and just people with IDEAS.

If you have some ide

Last edited by Danlor : 08-21-2007 at 02:45 AM.
Danlor is offline   Reply With Quote

Hoping to Help With a Harry Potter MUD - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DESIGN: Dragons (hoping for feedback) KaVir Advanced MUD Concepts 23 12-19-2006 07:22 PM
Harry Potter MUD seeking staff Dumbledore Advertising for Staff 0 07-03-2003 06:50 AM
Harry Potter 2-Day Event! Siobhan MUD Announcements 0 11-05-2002 11:34 PM