Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 10-16-2003, 10:09 PM   #1
Blade

Blade is on a distinguished road
I just figured I'd start a thread on MUDs that require roleplay and are meant to stay in character (IC) while playing.

I'll start off with one, since I only know a couple...

- Chronicles of Epharus
chronicles.pogofish.com : 8000

This game is still in development, though it is already starting to be an awesome mud. Currently it is in Alpha testing, and hopes to be out of Beta by the beginning of 2004. Of course, since it is a newer mud, there are only 10 or less people on at a time. But with those 10 so far, we have had a great deal of roleplay that is hard to imagine with just that number of people. Let me give an example. On Chronicles of Epharus (CoE), there is a guild know as the Hand of the Divine. This is basically a clerics guild. Those who join this guild has the purpose of believing in the Divine, starting, joining religions. With player ran religions, you can have a great amout of RP, because the ideas of that religion are the players', and not the entire playerbase.
The plot behind this mud is a realm, Epharus, at one time was a rich and furtile land... But over time, the fight for power and wealth destroyed the land and the people. This is where the first chapter begins. The city of Imperius stands as a conquest of hope, and reconstruction. You can start by creating a character, and roleplaying any type of character you would like, create your history, and your rp is based on your imagination. You can rp almost anything you like, start your own sublots, start clans, religions, etc. The admin will mostly not interfere unless it really hurts the rp enviroment. Of course there are restrictions so that not everyone on the mud starts there own plot and rp, but almost all rp is player driven, and that is why we need a larger player base.

So come join us on the Chronicles of Epharus. It is coded in Python from scratch and all custom. The admin is nice, and has unique ideas, such as the skill system and areas. The world has a nice format with not an overuse in colors, and it does not have the Diku looking mud style in case you are not into that style. It is easy to read and understand and the commands are basic and easy to learn. Without giving out too much info, I just have to say come and try it!

P.S. It's not ranked very high on TMS because of the very small playerbase. So please don't judge it by that.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 10:27 PM   #2
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Smile

I moved this to Advertising for Players because, no matter how thinly veiled the "discussion of RP MUDs" topic is, it's just an ad - and just an invitation for more ads.

Thanks.
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote

Roleplaying Muds - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You shouldn't have to pay for Roleplaying. indigo Advertising for Players 0 03-19-2006 06:00 PM
Roleplaying Same-Sex Relationships Brody Roleplaying and Storytelling 19 10-28-2005 01:48 PM
Roleplaying in "Non-RP" games Brody Roleplaying and Storytelling 18 05-30-2005 05:42 PM
Roleplaying vs OOC Trust Delerak Roleplaying and Storytelling 7 10-06-2003 03:45 PM
Roleplaying eq Help Oogema Roleplaying and Storytelling 1 09-08-2003 12:36 AM