Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > MUD Announcements
Click here to Register

Old 03-25-2017, 11:18 PM   #1
Zeno

Home MUD: Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
Zeno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zeno Send a message via MSN to Zeno Send a message via Yahoo to Zeno
Exclamation Introducing the Anime MUD Network (A.M.N.)

Hello friends! For over 15 years now I've been playing and developing MUDs. Like many of you, I've formed bonds with various mudders over the years and had fantastic experiences in the community. I even got to meet Cratylus, Davion, Kayle and DHaley in (), as well as meeting up in London last year with a MUD dev I had coded alongside.

Over recent years, I've received many emails or IMs asking about specific MUDs that were no longer online (in later years I was a coder for some of these). So in the last few months I've dedicated myself to creating a new community project: A.M.N.

All the information you need:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The project has a couple of goals, but the main purpose is to restore and preserve. I've worked with various MUD owners to obtain permission and work with them to make this happen. Let's cut to the chase.

The following MUDs are back online:

These existing MUDs have joined A.M.N.:

I know this isn't relevant to everyone here since this is about our niche anime community, but I've seen people talking about Lost Time & DBstar in the MUD community recently so I know you're out there!

Today marks the official launch of this community project (it had a preview release that I announced over at the in February). For the last month or so I've been debugging and resolving crash bugs on these existing MUDs, and at this point they're quite stable. Regarding the future, over the upcoming months we'll be expanding A.M.N. in terms of staffing and interconnectivity. Currently our primary channel of communication is Discord so check out our Discord server which is linked on our homepage.

(As soon as I booted up Lost Time and sent an email off to one RP Immortal, they were logged in within the hour and brought some old players!)

See you around!
-Zeno

PS: I know I haven't posted on TMS in a while. My free time has been consumed by other community projects specifically on Reddit, but that's a story for another day.
Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote