Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > MUD Announcements
Click here to Register

Old 02-23-2003, 10:30 PM   #1
kris

kris is on a distinguished road
Question

This year's Festival of MUD will be held on <span style='color:cyan'>Saturday, April 26th, 2003 at 6 pm ET / 3 pm PT / 11 pm GMT</span> (please see the event website for specific server connect info). It is the offspring of the now-retired Meet and Greet event that was held by MudWorld. With Ntanel's help, we have brought you an occasion that any serious mudder cannot afford to miss!

People from all around the mudding community will get together to talk about everything from administrative ethics, to that giant octopus you slew that one time. There will be seminars as well, covering fascinating topics such as the innovative concept of intermud communications networks, starting your own mud and strategies for ethically acquiring and managing builders, etc.

There will be LIVE internet radio coverage of the entire event, playing your favorite music, and featuring interviews with such mudding legends as Nick Gammon! And, of course, you'll be able to call-in (using a nice little freeware prog; just haveta have a mic) and request a song, say hi to your buddy out there, rant about how you think that Dubya Bush guy is a total moron, etc. We also have some guest dj segments lined up, including Live from Fort Sam Houston with Mccavity, featuring modern unconventional music along with a unique perspective of army life today! And lest I forget, there will of also be an awards ceremony, recognizing MUDs, resources, and people of the mudding community! Some are even voted upon by you, the public! If you think of someone you think should be nominated, you are encouraged to contact the International MUD Recognition Committee (I.M.R.C.) judges so that we can put them on the ballot! Winners receive a nice, shiny trophy to put up on their website....

Excited? You should be! Wanna attend? Great! Everyone is invited! I don't care if you're from a MUD, MOO, MUSH, or any sort of MU* or related website! Everyone is welcome at the Festival of MUD! Our goal is to have a good time and bring the MU* community together!

So, how would you go about attending? I'm glad you asked. Although it's not required, we strongly encourage you to RSVP beforehand! That way you can be sure to get the screenname you want, and we'll be able to have some idea as to how many attendees we should expect. You're also encouraged to tell people about the event; if you're a MUD owner, perhaps make your players aware of it. MUD owners, players, coders-- all are invited! And so long as you don't act all spammy about it, feel free to spread the word!

If you're interested, please visit the event website at
At the time this post was made, my staff hasn't finished the site graphics yet, so for now the site doesn't look too fancy. Still, all the info is right there, including the RSVP form!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to !

Thanks for your time, and we hope to see you all there on the big day! =)

--Kris Craig, Event Manager
kris is offline   Reply With Quote

The 1st Annual Festival of MUD - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Annual Tradition prof1515 Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 12-25-2006 01:40 AM
~*~ Grand Pumpkin Festival ~*~ Threshold MUD Announcements 1 10-31-2006 01:29 PM
The 2004 Festival of MUD - This Saturday!! kris MUD Announcements 0 05-27-2004 12:30 AM
TP MUD: The Elysian Festival awaits! Pleos Advertising for Players 0 06-17-2003 03:00 PM
Second Annual OGR Open House in Two Weeks! Siobhan MUD Announcements 0 07-01-2002 11:39 AM