Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 11-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #21
Jherlen

Jherlen is on a distinguished road
Re: If you've ever thought of playing Armageddon...

There are definitely challenges inherent in bringing new players in to a permadeath setting, especially one where playerkilling isn't restricted for IC reasons. That's why we make an effort in our forums OOCly and in the helper chat to help guide players towards a less frustrating experience to start off with. Armageddon doesn't pull its punches, and I think sometimes despite the warnings new players don't realize that there are characters in the game (I gather dark acacia had some experiences with Templars in particular from his posts) who can and will - and indeed are almost obligated to - make your life miserable or even kill you permanently if you cross them. The world is intended to be that harsh and unfair, but only in game. Out of game there are several of us who try and help new players however we can. That's why dark acacia's comment about not being able to count on help from anyone OOCly drove me to respond here.
Jherlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #22
dark acacia
Banned

dark acacia is on a distinguished road

Again, thank you for your opinion. I'm sure there are some newbies who do get help.
dark acacia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #23
Fifi

Fifi is on a distinguished road

Lately, we've seen a large influx of new players who seem to be having a wonderful time. It can be done!
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:24 AM   #24
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak

And what cost? Isn't the integrity of RPIs compromised when you have a huge influx of noobs that ruin the strictly enforced roleplay atmosphere with their antics and tomfoolery?
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #25
Fifi

It's too late for that. When I was new in 2001 you went out of your way to tell me I had broken the game irreparably with a spam kicking bynner. I recall you said so in a way that truly encouraged me to please go away.

So, since the damage was already done you may as well take a deep breath and relax my friend.

That said, the newbies I've been seeIng have all jumped in with both feet, rping their asses off and soaking up game nuance.

Last edited by Fifi : 11-15-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Stupid phone!
Old 11-15-2013, 11:12 PM   #26
Delerak

Name: Dan
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak

Oh I wasn't necessarily referring to the fact that their can be good RP from a newbie on Arm. I was referring to the fact that Arm has lost 90% of it's veteran players and is basically a cess pool of new players at this point, with no guidance, no actual interesting plots whatsoever, and a ton of dirty laundry as was shown on the previous forum I posted.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:14 PM   #27
Fifi

Thanks. Actually, there are veteran players and plots.