Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > MUD Announcements
Click here to Register

Old 06-12-2016, 02:49 AM   #1
Sabrelon

Sabrelon is on a distinguished road
CarrierRPI Launching Soon!

You were asleep in your bed when you were taken. Your family never saw it coming. Your wife. Your husband. Your children. When they woke up, you were gone. And the ****ty thing is, they’ll never know where you went.

Your story is a little different. There’s a dull throbbing in the back of your neck. Rain falls in the background, and the constant pattering of the water against the roof nearly drowns out the sounds of chittering that come from the door. Then the tapping starts. Then the banging. You can’t move, and you’re not sure if it’s because you’re afraid, or if you’re restrained.

That’s when you notice the table below you, and the blood that covers it. You hold back a scream. You pick up your arms, and finally sit up, causing the table to shift, tilt, and fall. The banging stops, then gets louder. You kick away from the table in your hurry to get away, and find yourself laying against the wall with a few extra bruises. But the banging stops again. And the chittering begins to fade away.

And now, you’re all alone.

CarrierRPI is a survival horror, roleplay intensive game with an emphasis on exploration, mystery, and world-building. Starting off with a small area, the players are set to survive against horrible threats, each other, and the elements, as they discover why they are where they are and the mystery behind their location.

Hi! I'm Sabrelon, Lead Staff, and I'm happy to say we're working hard on getting the game out swiftly and fully. Using a custom codebase built off of CircleMUD, we have access to years of work that was done before us that we have ready to put to use!

Our forums can be located at and I suggest if anyone has any questions, suggestions (I'm open to any and all), or comments, please swing by and check us out! Beyond story, I try to make it a point to be transparent, so if anyone has any questions for me personally feel free to shoot me a message on there!
Sabrelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:02 PM   #2
Sabrelon

Re: CarrierRPI Launching Soon!

From a post I made over a MUSoapbox ()

Yep! Sorry, mostly been focusing on building and everything, very little time to set up solid promotions beyond the fact that it's an RPI, and that it's coming soon. Unfortunately for now, there's very little explicitly to share beyond some basics like: Crafting! Combat! Mystery! But I'll throw out some info.

The combat is a pretty huge step away from the automated combat that was seen in Arm, Atonement, or SOI. While basic, we think it does a good job of allowing people to actually roleplay while in fights. The flow of combat goes something like: emote, then attack, then respond. It's simple, but effective.

Beyond that, we're planning for a pretty large craft-suite as things go along, especially at start so that players have the ability to act on their own.

Like a lot of MUSHes, we're planning for a good deal of staff interaction. The concept of a Sandbox isn't for everyone, but that's my primary goal. We'll be allowing players to interact with the grid, create their own space (which is less of a perk and more of a requirement for the story), and protect themselves with what they build.

tl;dr We're using the old Dark Isles codebase to create a new Survival Horror RPI with descriptive, emote-oriented combat, crafting, and world-building.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:38 PM   #3
Sabrelon

So some more information about the game that have been set:

The crafting system that we have in place is primarily going to be oriented towards supporting the themes of survival. While initially it might not be hard to survive on the given resources alone, eventually players will need to go out and find supplies that allow them to live (not comfortably, of course.)

For example: Food and water are a necessity, and while they might be easy to get early on, they'll get increasingly more difficult. That's where the craft system comes in. Only certain characters will have the prerequisites necessary to learn how to do certain crafts, which forces the players to work together to survive.

A basic example: Players learning to craft water filters, or water purifiers, using salvaged equipment they might find. Learning to dry or smoke food so that it keeps longer. Learning to make water catchers that will fill up when it rains IG.

Combat also supports this. While players might start off with basic weapons, they'll prove to be extremely ineffective against the enemies that roam the forest, so it's necessary for crafters to learn to make weapons and armor that better support them, so that they can explore further.

As I'd mentioned earlier, exploration is an incredibly important aspect of Carrier, and without exploring the players will start dying off. Which means they have to be smart about how they explore. Running around with a bunch of combatants, killing mobs is an oldschool staple of RPI's, but I'm hoping to step away from that.

In Carrier, you're better off learning to hide, and be quick, when it comes to finding new locations and exploring them. Most of the enemies will be too strong for a group (initially) let alone a single individual, so using the stealth system will be necessary for getting around safely. Of course, this isn't going to be the case forever, as better weapons and armor are made by the crafters, but power creep is something we're considering significantly, and the gameworld is going to adapt and change based on the way the players act.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:49 PM   #4
Sabrelon

We're currently taking player suggestions/requests over on our forums (in that, our forums are pretty dead so far so I'm hoping to drive up some interest)

Link is here:

Any and all suggestions are available! I'm curious to see what people would like in a survival horror game, and whether or not it's something we'd be able to implement!
Old 06-16-2016, 08:54 PM   #5
Sabrelon

From a Private Message I received over on TMS (hopefully this explains things a bit more for those interested. Bold is me!

Old 06-21-2016, 12:50 AM   #6
Sabrelon

I'm happy to announce that CarrierRPI is going to be opening its doors for play on Saturday, the 2nd of July, at (tentatively) 12PM PST. This may be a bit earlier, or a bit later, depending on the needs of staff, but shouldn't veer too heavily off course. Updates will be provided!

As well, all week I'll be posting information, logs of roleplay and game mechanics, and official staff introduction to help clarify information for both new and old RPI players alike!

And, finally, applications will open up this Friday for players to get a head start on getting approved! This way when we open everyone will be able to jump right in and roleplay! This also includes our full chargen, so players will be able to get a solid grasp of some of the game mechanics early on! I should be on all day, as well, to answer questions and assist players with any issues they might have!

Disclaimer: CarrierRPI is opening up in an Alpha state. This means that there will be bugs, some helpfiles won't be entirely updated (and thus might be missing or contain outdated information), and some areas might still contain typos/information we missed during building. But, worry not, we'll still be running RPT's (recommended play times), story content, and the crafting/combat/character advancement should be entirely ready for play! I do ask that if players notice anything they think is incorrect, that they report it to staff!
Old 06-24-2016, 04:19 PM   #7
Sabrelon

Alright, after one false start we're officially opening up applications again! Now that some balance issues are out of the way, and a few new commands are added, everyone should be able to come in and get their application submitted from now until open!

Connection info is:

carrierrpi.mudhosting.net
Port: 5000

I want to be clear as well in saying that there may be some issues going in, some crashes, and some bugs. All that I ask is that, if you notice any, you post them to our forums at:

Thank you!

Last edited by Sabrelon : 06-25-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:28 PM   #8
Sabrelon

What's up everyone! Happy to say that CarrierRPI is going to be opening tomorrow at 12PM MST. Applications are open now, and I'll be online most of today to answer questions if anyone has any!

We also have a website now at carrierrpi.com

Our Wiki is still being populated, but we'll have more content on there soon as well!