Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Builders and Areas
Click here to Register

Old 09-16-2004, 07:18 PM   #21
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Hi, sorry, I guess I missed this earlier. By OOC role I mean a description from the perspective of a developer rather than the perspective of a character.

As for areas and their purposes, it'd be hard to say an area ever has one specific purpose, as players will use it for what they choose to use it for. However, some areas might specifically be put in to satisfy bashing demands of a certain segment of the player base, for instance. Others may be put in largely to fill in areas referred to by the histories but not yet instantiated in the world. Those, of course, could also serve as bashing fodder for whoever chooses to bash there. You might have areas being built to serve as new player-run cities, or just to serve as one part of a massive quest.

What we want to see from builders is that they're building for some reason other than, "I think it'd be cool." We want to see that they're building to serve a need in the world rather than fulfill a personal desire of theirs to the exclusion of the good of the world as a whole.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote

Advanced Building - Area Development - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advanced Plot Development Course Brody MUD Announcements 0 11-14-2003 11:51 AM
New Article: Building Your First Area imported_Synozeer MUD Announcements 0 01-20-2003 10:10 AM
Advanced LPC snowfruit MUD Coding 4 11-08-2002 10:12 AM
Area-building priorities erdos MUD Builders and Areas 8 09-17-2002 01:58 PM
Area Building Times Neranz Laverani MUD Administration 9 09-10-2002 11:31 AM