Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 10-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #1
Darklord

Darklord is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Purple Dragon is seeking players

Purple Dragon
Mud Created: January, 1997
Code Base: Rom PDM 1.2
Site: pdragon.org 5555
Theme: Fantasy

Primary Language: English
Min. # of Players Online: 10 - 24
Multi-Play: Yes
Player-Kill: Yes
Player Reviews Refused
Extended Race Selection
Extended Class Selection
Multi-classing Allowed
Equipment Saved
Quests Available
Character Approval Unnecessary
Ansi Color
Roleplaying Is Accepted
Newbie friendly
Level-Based Training System
Level-Based Equipment System
Currently Hiring Builders
Currently Hiring Coders
Supports/uses MSP
Supports/uses Pueblo
Supports/uses MCCP
Supports/uses MXP
Clans Offered
Detailed Character Creation
World is mostly original
Medium World (3,000+ rooms)
Mud is fully operational

Purple Dragon is a fantasy mud, you will find no blasters or modern cities
here. We are a friendly place to hack and slash your way to the top. We
have three remort levels so it can take a while to become a dragon slayer,
but it is worth the struggle.

We have tried our best to make this the kind of mud that encourages just
hanging out and helping others. Newbies are very welcome.
There is nothing better than turning on a newbie to mudding. (IMHO)

Check out our homepage at to see what all you can do, what spells and skills you can gain, and if your interested you can even look to see who is playing right now and what levels they are.

Clans are in once again!

The Purple Dragon in its fullest potential is back and growing!
Darklord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 03:02 PM   #2
Raquel

Raquel is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Purple Dragon is seeking players

I have really enjoyed my time on PD. There is a lot of flexibility on the MUD, and some very experienced players that are willing to help you get started if you ask. One of the major benefits is that while challenging, it is possible to level quickly, It doesn't take months and months to gain new spells and skills, unlike some places I've played in the past.
Raquel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:42 AM   #3
Darklord

Re: Purple Dragon is seeking players

Here are some of the more active Clan's history / stories, so if one of these clans is for you, come visit Purple Dragon

Horde:
Long ago, during a time of divine unsettledness, when the gods were fighting amongst themselves for control, a band of humans formed named the Brotherhood of Justice, while another band was formed by Erekose, and the band he formed was called Horde. The Horde consisted of mainly rogues and thieves of various races, classes and beliefs. Together, they set out across the land to stamp out all the Brotherhood members. Noone was safe from their attacks or ambushes. The battles between Horde and the Brotherhood lasted until the lands were near barren and they declared themselves the victor. After the appearance of a new band named Silvermoon, the Horde was driven out of their lands, and into the hiding amongst the dragons of the south to regroup, lie in wait... and gain in strength. A descendant of the original Horde leader was caught stealing from an elder dragon and a fierce duel resulted in that dragon's death. All Horde members were cast out of the southern region by the dragons. After many battles, they made their way back north to begin the uprise of the Horde way of life. The Mighty Elric declared "We will finally end the injustice of the past and reclaim our rightful place or all shall die at our hands!"
Many years went by, leaders ruled and died. The streets ran red with the blood of the slain from all clans. Then the Gods became upset with the death and destruction and the world was once again thrown into a chaotic void... where everything became nothing. Until one day, the realm was reborn, the population grew, and slowly the clans returned. Horde was born anew from the old world. A band of outlaws, renegades, bound together by the ties of death. Killing is natural, and good, and who better to do the killing than Horde

Almas:
During the Dragon Wars a small clan was born. It started with one Lady. She saw the destruction and pain around her. So she started asking people to join her and her cause. To stop the war and make it a safer world to be in. She was not alone for long. The people yearned for peace and wanted a world safer for their children to live in. And so it began. The clan prospered over time and became well known. Their protection of the weak became legendary. As time went on the clan grew smaller, until only a handful of members remained. Things were quiet on the land and in the air. No wars were fought and the clan was not needed. Or so it seemed. The Dragons attacked and the clan was almost destroyed. One member alone survived. She swore to herself and to the others gone before her. To make her clan strong again. Once again a single Lady must start the clan. The Almas need to be strong again. To protect those that need it. To help those they can, and to make the world easier to live in

Scourge:
Before the days of dragons ruling the realm, there was a thriving civilization that lived peacefully on the excluded island of Ishtar. Living on an isolated island, the people knew nothing of the dragon war or the war between the gods. These people led quiet happy lives until the day the dragons arrived. Angry about their defeat before, the dragons spared no lives. After seeing their homes and families destroyed, the people knew thier only hope was to flee to the sea. Life was hard on the sea and many people died of disease and starvation. Tired of watching his friends and family die, a man led a violent cout d'eta and took control of his people. He didn't have such peaceful ideals as the former leaders. The people led raids and pillaged nearby island towns killing and taking what they need to survive. After many years of raiding islands and killing those who stood in the way people began calling these people Scourge. The group of rebels and rogues started out as a small faction that defiled the seas and spread like wildfire across land and water burning, raping and pillaging all that opposed their dominance. Now that Scourge is gaining power the leaders decided it is the time to conquer all the land that was lost..and more.

Loners:
Loners are a different type of clan. They don't have equipment shops, don't really have a history or goal, and have quite few members. However, if you aren't in a clan, you cannot be PvP. So, if you have the urge to kill, or wish to fill that void in the who list by your name, ask an Immortal to place you in Loner. You'll get a Loner tag in the clan place and be able to player kill. Loner equipment is scattered throughout the land, but isn't exclusive to only Loner members
Old 10-12-2008, 02:28 PM   #4
Darklord

To share a post / story another player made, enjoy

I Sayge the Legend of Legends have defeated the Great Purple Dragon!!!!! After a long and strenuous battle with the Great Dragon he has finally fell to the Wrath of Horde once again as my battle dull blade ripped through his flesh he breathed a mighty poisous gas that engulfed my body giving him a chance to come around from behind and swipe me across the back as I fell I thought it would be a hopeless fight as I fell to the ground I noticed he was wounded above his waste with a deep gash upon seeing this I rolled to the side and jumped to my feet seizing the opportunity I struck a final blow to his mid section and as the Purple dragon stood in astonishment his blood ran down my blade. Bringing my blade to my lips I licked his blood savoring every ounce as his energy ran through my body the great dragon opened his mouth not able to speak slowly his body began to slide apart.

As the great dragon fell to the ground I stood above him and let out a ravenous howl horde has risen above the ashes once again Death before Dinosaur!!!!!!!
Let all Legends hear my words your day has come and you shall feel the wrath of Horde my blade is razor sharp and waiting for your blood
Old 10-20-2008, 04:48 PM   #5
Darklord

The Ancient Dragon Bellows: The Purple Dragon was DEFEATED by great Legend Raquel!

Can you defeat the Great Purple Dragon ???
Old 10-20-2008, 09:51 PM   #6
Zeno

Home MUD: Bleached InuYasha Galaxy
Zeno is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zeno Send a message via MSN to Zeno Send a message via Yahoo to Zeno

I beat the Great Purple Dragon last night, it's nothing special.
Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:19 PM   #7
Darklord

O really?? And what level did you attack him at?
Old 10-21-2008, 10:11 PM   #8
Raquel

Raquel is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: Purple Dragon is seeking players

We're talking about the mob on the MUD, Zeno, not what you do by yourself in your alone time.
Raquel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 03:11 AM   #9
The_Fury

The_Fury is on a distinguished road

If memory serves me correctly, i believe the year was 1991 when i first caught site of the Purple Dragon and i remember a pungent smell in the air, possibly from the marijuana i was allegedly smoking. Well let me tell you, that dragon looked at me, and i thought to myself, a Purple Dragon huh, that's a rather camp colour for an alleged mighty dragon, thinking it to be a pussy i whipped out my +4 2socket water club, ummm i mean bong and gave that dragon a good spanking, we fought for hours until i passed out from exhaustion or a drug overdose, either way i don't remember anything else other than waking up in a pile of my own puke.

I think you might find Zeno was being humorous.

I have heard it called a great many things, but never have i heard it called a Purple Dragon. LOL
The_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:46 AM   #10
Darklord

Bump !!!!!!