Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Old 08-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #1
Ghostcat

Home MUD: Unwritten Legends
Ghostcat is on a distinguished road
Android MUD apps?

I was just wondering if anyone recommends a particular MD client that runs on android 3.1.
Ghostcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:53 PM   #2
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough
Re: Android MUD apps?

Blowtorch has been the frontrunner since it came out, but I'm not sure about 3.1 compatibility. My phone runs 2.3.something. Mukluk is a decent client, too, but not quite as good. There's also a couple of older ones that may or may not work with the latest droid software versions. Like Andro Mud or that client with the guy's initials. You can always search your phone's market yourself or do some online research. Opinions vary, and what's good to me might not work well for you or for the games you play.
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:28 AM   #3
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough

I'm not sure about 3.1 compatibility either, but I agree with SnowTroll in regard to being the frontrunner. It's free, so why not download it and try it out? If you run into problems you can report them on the BlowTorch forums.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 12:43 PM   #4
kaleden

kaleden is on a distinguished road

Did you end up trying ? It is compatible with 3.1 and I can verify it works on a Xoom tablet and G-slate. The current version doesn't have many Honeycomb specific UI elements, but more tablet specific features are on the horizon. I think there may be a problem with sound notifications on tablets, but if you find any problems, post them on the so the developer can track and fix them.

The current version of BlowTorch gives you buttons, triggers, aliases, and more. The website has a lot of documentation which is useful for using special commands or modifying the XML - just make sure to back up your settings. For users with Swype pre-installed on their phone, you'll want to enable compatibility mode (under Menu > Input) so your backspace button works. Stupid pre-installed software that can't be updated by the devs...

Anyway, I'm really excited for the next version and all the new features that are coming to BlowTorch. I just hope that when it's released, I wont melt my device ^_^
kaleden is offline   Reply With Quote