Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 02-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #1
rendekar

rendekar is on a distinguished road
looking for a player-affected mud

hey all ! i am getting to the point

i am looking for a mud that;

*has balanced classes with no remort options, no plenty of race/class combos

*dynamic economy with a few crafting skills ( or fishing, alchemy etc. ) at least. (not another entirely pk based mud )

*offers unique experience with each class

*allows a clan to be utterly destroyed by another clan ( player-affected world again)

*is rp enforced

*is completely free
rendekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:41 PM   #2
Fifi

Fifi is on a distinguished road
Re: looking for a player-affected mud

Armageddon.
Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #3
Ammit

Ammit is on a distinguished road

While Armageddon does meet most of your requirements...

this example can theoretically happen, but clans in Armageddon tend to be fairly powerful and so its extremely difficult. Although off the top of my head I can think of many instances that players have effected the world. Either from the small or to the large.

Also Armageddon is currently going through an end of the world story-arc, which has let us give players a much greater influence over the game.
Ammit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 05:45 PM   #4
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough

I know of no muds that actually offer exactly what you are looking for, especially the entire whiping of clans in a world that is not all about PVP and pk. Nor will you find many Muds that offer dynamic economy but no alternatives like fishing, etc.

However,

I do know of many games that might have the RP and excitement you look for. They would be, in no particular order:

Threshold, Imperian, Armeggedon (already mentioned here), God Wars II, and of course NW.

Good luck, I'd say try several in the top 40 that seem to be what you are looking for and you will probably find one you like.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 06:34 PM   #5
rendekar

rendekar is on a distinguished road

Threshold and Imperian don't impress me and Godwars2 doesn't seem to be rp-enforced..i've attempted to create an account on Armageddon but not confirmed.i'll try that again later ( it's cold here and i cannot adjust myself to its desert conditions + iam sort of frightened of its rp level to be honest )

NW looks interesting.. iam now trying Duris and Geas but not quite sure about my mudding future..

thanks for the responses..
rendekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 07:58 PM   #6
KaVir
Legend

Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough

It's non-RP, definitely not what you're after I'm afraid. I don't really know of any games that fit your exact requirements, but you might want to check out Legends of Karinth (RP is only encouraged though) or Harshlands (RPI a bit like Armageddon).

Last edited by KaVir : 03-02-2008 at 08:00 AM. Reason: Removed a recommendation for licence reasons
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote