Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Staff
Click here to Register

Old 03-18-2015, 02:58 PM   #1
mrdvant10

mrdvant10 is on a distinguished road
LF co-coder/founder

Hello, I am looking for someone to help me start a new mud. I am using the Dawn of Time code and am looking for someone familiar with C/C++ and/or Lua. Familiarity with mud coding in general or DoT code in particular is very welcome, but not necessary.

I have specific ideas in mind for the MUD, so while any creative ideas/suggestions are welcome, you must be willing to work within my design plans. This will be a RP enforced mud with an extensive story and lore in place as well as many features that are either original, or not normally found together within the same mud. I have been mudding since about 1995 and want to create the MUD I always wished I could play.

I request that you be serious about wanting to stick with this for the long haul, but also have a relatively easy-going personality. I would classify my coding skill as on the cusp of Beginner/Intermediate in C and beginner in Lua. I am interested in a co-programmer of similar or greater skill/experience. While I have done some programming, I have no experience in actual MUD coding and will be learning to apply what I know to a MUD environment as I go.

I am also willing to switch to a different code base if you are familiar with one you think might work better after contacting me and discussing the particulars. I look forward to hearing from you.
mrdvant10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:10 PM   #2
caelreth

caelreth is on a distinguished road
Re: LF co-coder/founder

I sent you a PM.
caelreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 12:41 AM   #3
mrdvant10

mrdvant10 is on a distinguished road
Re: LF co-coder/founder

Received and responded. Thank you.