Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 10-05-2011, 09:57 AM   #1
Burningpost

Burningpost is on a distinguished road
Burning Post II

Hi everyone,

I'm an admin at the Burning Post II, a sequel to the original Burning Post from a few years back! We're in late-Beta, and looking for new players! The game's theme is pretty complex, but essentially it's about practitioners of magic, and the Inquisitors (and their Knights) who hunt them. The game is set on a small, war-torn island that is important to the Crown in large part due to its strategic location at the mouth of one of the Kingdom's major rivers.

It's an RP-enforced MUD, basically an RPI, but we do have public channels. As we really are quite new, we don't have a large player-base yet, so we have some higher-level positions available. We do have a dozen players or so... so it's not like you won't have anyone to RP with!

Formal applications aren't necessary unless you're applying to be a guild-leader, a staff member or citizen is almost always available if you need advice on your character's backstory.

Anyway, if you're interested in RPing with us please feel free to visit at: burningpost2.co.uk 4321!
Burningpost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Burningpost

Re: Burning Post II

I just wanted to add that we have a wiki now, for people interested in learning the theme prior to creating a character:
Old 10-30-2011, 10:07 AM   #3
Burningpost

Hey everyone, just wanted to let any players looking for an RP MUD know that we're approaching the end of Beta... so now is the time to jump in and roll up a character!

burningpost2.co.uk 4321
Old 10-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #4
Addonex

Home MUD: Seven Kingdoms
Home MUD: The Burning Post II
Home MUD: Lusternia
Addonex is on a distinguished road

Going to back up which ever of the admins that is (Renzo or Orphy, maybe?) Honestly, the MUD is great, except for the lack of people.
Addonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
Burningpost

Thanks Addonex! (It's Orphy, btw) ...and yeah, it's true about the player thing. We don't have a huge pbase, but we have 20ish players and we've had 10+ characters in a scene (and having alts in the same room is almost forbidden)... so it's not a ghost town, either.

Certain times of the day/certain days are just slower than others, can't deny that.

Naturally, we'd love more players, hence the post!
Old 12-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #6
Leech

Name: John
Home MUD: The Inquisition: Legacy
Leech is on a distinguished road

After a break of nearly a year from MUDs, I got convinced to play the Burning Post II by a friend. I'm very happy that I did. It's been a little more than a month now since I joined and I've really enjoyed my time spent on this MUD. I mostly frequent strict RPIs like Armageddon, along with some MUSHs, and I simply fell in love with the community here. They all make it really easy to tell your character's story and the theme is simple and engrossing.

My first thought when I started playing was 'Man... another Inquisition game? Can't they just make ONE?' but honestly, this is the best community I've seen within this theme.

But what do I know, Orpheus is paying me to say all this. ^.^

(Edit: Did I say the theme was simple? I meant completely crazy complex! xD )

Last edited by Leech : 12-28-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Leech is offline   Reply With Quote